Camshaft chain and tensioner kit

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Started to get a noise from the cam chain/tensioner and had a look on eBay and found one listed for the AJL with VC gasket for £260. Was wandering if any knows of a decent supplier that does the kits at a reasonable price ??

Tangerine do you sell the kits at euro's if so a price on that would be great.

I got my Cam Chain Tensioner off of eBay for about 80 quid i think... i'llsee if i can search my history and find the name of the seller for you.

You probably wont need a chain. I didn't bother and it's all good. Don't forget a new cover gasket though.

Ahh well, two birds, one stone and all that. I did mine not so long back, it was at the point of total failure. The chain had worn away at the bottom runner which had caused bits of it to snap off and the chain was running on the metal bracket underneath! A few miles more and I think it would have failed totally and the cams would have stopped talking to each other.
If you need any advice on doing the job give us a shout.

My old A8 2.8 had a cam chain tensioner guide failure. The sound of machine guns came to mind!

A new tensioner later, and all was good.

Only thing I'm concerned about is doing the job without the special tool can it be done without or is definitely needed to do the job or could I use something else from the selection of tools in the workshop at work ??

The new unit should come with one fitted. I think you could do it without but you may need 3 hands.

Special tool is on ebay for <£10

Search for Audi 3366

I baught a replacement chain from Jason at All German Parts. Was febi boxed but the chain inside was the same brand as the one i removed, and it only cost £30.

Looking at the picture on the one mentioned above it looks like it does come with the tool so a bonus at £65 if it does.