Subframe bushes A4

AndyC

Reaction score
Website
www.k-tecracing.com
After sorting all the suspension bushes, I have been pushing the car harder and found this has now transfered the movment to the front subframe

this, I feel needs to be either solidly fixed to the chassis or fitted with better mounts..

Anyone any thoughts??

Andy

i need to change the bushes on mine as there is a hell of a lot of floaty movement in the front end of mine. very disconcerting. i think its the lower arms. you can feel the tyres bite and then a mechanical move if that makes sense. i really need to sort it as i really hate the way it drives at the moment.

i know you can get lower braces. not all that expensive either really and come as standard on some of the range

well the suspension polybush kit is £140 ish for the lot.

fitting is best part of a days work as the whole front suspension needs to be stripped.

However its well worth it..... and I mean WELL worth it.

the subframe bushes I am struggling to find though...

current thoughts are making a solid one to stop ANY movment!

The problem with that is that you will move the stress some where else and cause your self problems in the long run I would think.

just out of interest, anyone know how much the lower arms are? just parts-i can fit them. They are the source of my problems.

doc.

I agree, but thats the whole point of this excercise... I want it right....

it was nearly there..

bearing in mind my engine mounts and frame mounts are 150k miles old and 9 yrs....

A.

also

once the frame is mounted better and the engine cant go anywhere its just going to wear out the shocks faster...

but that I am not worried about really..

I got the impression you was going to weld the ****** up if so you would be stressing the car to a point where thing may crack rather than wear.

I have heard of up rated rubbers mounts for the 2.8 but cant find the link to see if they do it fot the 1.8T.

I will keep looking.

Just found the info and yes they make them for the 1.8T

snub_mounts.jpg

APR snub mounts
How too

Hello , i have a car year 1996 its a 2.8 , do u think the subframe is prepaired to get the brace? or it doesnt have place to fit it? any info will be appreciated , i really like to install this subframe brace...