1.8T Cambelt Change shopping list

hardhitter

Reaction score
I'm making a shopping list of all the bits to do a full timing belt, tensioners, rollers and other drive belts and water pump on my 2000 1.8 tqs. It's well due but has had a thermostat, so thats one thing I don't need to buy. I'm going for genuine parts as I don't want to mess about.

This is what I think I need:

Timing belt- 058 109 119C
Tensioning Roller- 058 109 243 E
Tensioning Damper- 058 109 479 B

Water Pump (exchange) with sealing washer, without thermostat, pulley & adaptor- 050 121 010 CX

A/C Ribbed belt- 06B 260 849A
Alternator Ribbed Belt- 06B 903 137
PAS V Belt- 058 145 271

Do I need the small relay roller that fixes to the tensioning damper ? Does it wear very much, if at all ?
Do the alternator or aircon belt tensioners wear much ? Am I likely to need new ones of these ?
Does the exchange water pump come with the seal for the block and thermostat ?
Have I forgot anything else ?

Thanks

Give Jason at all german parts a call.

He'll sort you out with a full contitech belt kit thats a significant amount cheaper than the main dealer prices, and has exactly the same parts in the box (to the point you can see where they've mahcined the Audi part numbers off the damper for example!).

He'll also sort you out with a water pump, thermostat and the 3 belts, again at much more sensible prices than the dealer would charge.

Replace all the rollers. The contitech kit has all of them included.
I didnt change the aux belt tensioners, although tbh you probably should when its in bits.
The pump supplied by All German had both seals included.