anyone raced an integra type r ?

curtis11

Reaction score
ok i know they r fast but i was talkin to a **** who said he would blow me away easy, now heres the thing i know it will beat me but how much will there b in it say to 100 mph.

my car is about 195 bhp 1.8t-sport

The stats for them are not too impressive but i was in the back of one wehn my mate took one for a test drive.

The v-tec is so noticable on them, on the civic vti's u hardly notice a change in performance just in sound but on the integra it is a far bigger difference feels like a turbo. I was very impressed!!

My **** gauge thought it was pretty quick!!

Having owned one I would expect it to be a fair bit quicker than the A4 - probably weighs about the same as one of the doors on the A4 and has around the same power.

From memory they are about 6.2 secs to 60, don't know what it would be to 100.

Greg

With the 8000rpm + reving engine it will wee wee all over you im afraid mate.

one of the best handling cars for the money i reckon, doubt you would keep up on the twisties, to100 though depends on whether the driver doesnt miss or fu a gear change.

i used to own one of these, loved it and might be biased. Here is a small comparison, i had a play with a golf 1.8t (chipped to over 200, alegedley, it had a dumpvalve and exhaust that i could see and hear), he had a running start and was almost in 2nd before i got started, a total side by side sprint, anyway i pulled even and had a good 1/2 car length in front before the end of 3rd. then it was over. the kid was amazed. Now on a circuit the Integra would run complete rings rounds an a4. Far better handling and brakes. You might catch one napping (below the vtec zone when they are pretty lame). and over 100 the torque from the turbo should make a difference. A standard ITR will 1/4 mile in around 14 seconds but thats comlpletely not the point.

I used to work for Honda Uk and have driven the type r's alot. all though there a 1.8 there the most powerfull 1800 naturally asperated engine out there. and handling is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif hot. I don't think he'd embarass you, but I would say you'd lose. Plus the guy who said you can't notice the vtec in the vti's is wrong. I owned an eg shape civic vti for a year and it was awsome, and also alot quicker than my 1.8t. The punch on the vtec is more obvious than the turbo on my Audi.

Well my mate has a Jordan Civic and has had it Rolling roaded on the Audi sport day at Star performance (some may remember it) and it got 180bhp and i can blow him away no problem at all. Maybe ur Audi has somthing up with it or maybe mine is just extra special.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Cheers

thats jolly big of you in your chipped up turbo beating up on a little 1.6 N/A ..

Thanks very much but my mate wanted to try and race.

He had only had it a month or so and when i raced him i only had my exhaust and dv. So at that point i did not have my remap.

He got had just got his 180bhp (plus or minus a couple) and i got 197bhp and mine being 4 wheel drive will loose a bit of power through that so not a massivley unfair race. But still smoked his ***.