new sideskirts- anyone know more info on the company "uberhaus"

• Thread starter imported_Yaseen
  • Start date
Sorry mate, couldn't find anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i know- and my search skills are well above average!!.

searched google/ ebay.de/ german audi forums but zilch. Even tried with blimmin umlauts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seems like LLtek have monopolised them! But seen the skirts on a german a4 so know there must be another source.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not post a pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that means more work for me!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif - its a PDF document- all you need is Acrobat viewer.

But here you go:
untitled1copy0mn.jpg

And here on a blue s4

s4rear25ms.jpg

Worked out Uberhaus make them with help from docurley et all on Audizine but can`t find a retailer to see how much cost would be.

[ QUOTE ]
The blue S4 looks VERY nice with the skirts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the guy`s also been lazy- the skirts come with optional parts which go on the arches- would look so much better blended in than just stuck on as he has done.

Its a dark color so not too bad. My s4 sideskirts are already ordered but very tempted to sell them on if can find these for sale reasonably.

I like those buggers!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ha ha ha!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Funny as F*ck!

Whatever you do... Don't mention the war...

(Name the TV show)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Faulty Towers :p

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you mean ' Watery Fowls' or the better known 'Flowery Tw*ts' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yassen - How much are the OEM S4 Skirts, been looking at getting some myself? Did you order them from VAG Parts?

Ok... what was he ordering in the restaurant? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Faulty Towers :p

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you mean ' Watery Fowls' or the better known 'Flowery Tw*ts' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I have mine ordered them and firred them over the weekend and they look the nuts will post some piccys later the S4 Sill kite was 230 odd quid from VAG don't forget to mention the forum for a discount.

Markey,

Perhaps you can help me. I need to get one of my side skirts off my S4. I can't figure out how it comes off from the front wing. I've undone the screws in the front arch but I can't see how it is attached under the front wing plastic moulding. Does the wing moulding need to come off? If so how is it affixed?

Cheers,
John

Sorry to hijack the post! To be honest I can't see a great deal of difference between the Uberhaus and the OE S4 ones. At least you know the S4 ones will fit OK.

Markey - Did that include the fitting kit? How long did they take to fit? Were the old ones easy enough to remove? They certainly look the nuts, definately post some pics of your car up for us to have a look.

That did include the fitting kit as well.
Mine did not have any old ones to remove, just fitted them straight on using one ot the Audi World write ups as a guide.

Quantum, there is 3 screws in the front arch that hold it on there, and there are 10 bolts under the sill/skirt that hold it onto the car on the under side which are little black ones there should be 3 at the front and 5/6 at the back, if you put your hand under you should be able to feel them.
Then there is also 5 plastic retaing caps that are along the middle of the skirt which hold it to the chasis.
Hope that helps.

I ordered mine used. Didn`t see the point in buying new for my needs as going to have them molded in as s4 lower door trim is too expensie imo. So used is fine for my needs.

Asked Markey before buying who advised Vagparts sell them £115 + vat+delivery each! so was worth it.

That money saved can now be used to pay for other mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Kept an eye on it for a while so can advise you the sideskirts come up one or two pairs a week both used and new (neu!) on ebay germany - as opposed to uk where a nightmare to find! So if you feel adventurous:

http://search-desc.ebay.de/s4-seitenschw...ntrypageZsearch

barclays charge a tenner for bank transfer so works out fine. If your new to buying abroad let me know ill be happy to give advice.

Markey,
Thanks for the info. All the bits you mention I have taken off. Did you fit the mouldings that fit on the bottom of the doors?
These were the bits I was refering to in my previous post because there is a moulding like this that fits on the bottom of the front wing that seems to be holding the skirt on still. I don't know how to get them off and can't find a write up of this on Audizine etc.

Thanks for the tip Yaseen. I only need the n/s one...

Cheers,
John

Oh those bits, well if you take off the inner arch moulding/splash guard you sould be able to get your hand round and there maybe a couple of nuts there to unscrew depending on how many they put on.
Here is a pic of mine now.

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

Going to fit the lower door trims when the rest of the bits arrive.

I have got new S4 lower trims which arrived primered so have been painted as well.
Rear bumper getting painted tomorrow as well.

Yes indeed.
Got my sides rear bumper lower trims and front bumper and pop up washer cap all painted for 170 quid by a mate, bakes it as well.

Good stuff. That was like my old pug. The car got keyed 8 big scrapes down the pass side and i got the whole side sprayed for £60 was well chuffed. I got the car back on the fri and it was done done to sunday again, i was fuming!! So i just touched it up and left it till i was seling it. Still to this day do not know who it was. But ah well.