Thermostat where is it located on 1.8T. ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Basically as title as I think I've got the old thermostat stuck open fault as the temp gauge has a mind off it's own and my mpg has gone through the floor. And also get the 16500 DTC.

A good write up or pic would be great.

Cheers.

Follow the bottom rad hose, it goes to a little plastic elbow, and the stat is under there.

I find the best way to change it, is to first remove the hose from the elbow (i replaced the constant tension clamp with a jubilee as its less faff) then remove the elbow and stat.

You then need to sort of balance the new stat and seal on the elbow, manoever it into position round a bit of block casting that sticks out, then bolt the housing up. Then refit the hose.

Its much easier to refit it without the hose attached, hence removing it.

under the inlet manifold,but above the oil housing.

I believe two screws holding it to the block.be sure to get a new rubber gasket aswell

Not on an 058 block.

On an 058 like the AJL Bradderz has, it has an external water pump and the stats mounted under that, right down the bottom beside the PAS pump.

Cheers guys thought it might of been on back of the block as I'm doing the clutch conversion this weekend (if I get round to it) so was seeing of I could of done it a bit easier with the box out.

Its not on the back of the block its on the waterpump housing.

Drop the undertray off and look up on the passenger side, its right there.

You got access to a lift to do the box?

Yes got access to do the box as I work at Citroen so no problems with access or tools.

I think I may now where it is is it held to the block with 2 10mm bolts just opposite/behind the water pump housing ???

It doesnt attach to the block at all, it attaches to the underside of the waterpump housing itself. Sort of just behind the PAS pump.

Is this the puppy on the bottom ???

26d7f459.jpg

Last edited: