anybody know of any where to remap in the lincolnshire area?

andyw82

Reaction score
just wondering if there is anywhere in my area that u guys know of who can remap my car, i also have a slight rattle when i blip the throttle, sounds matalic! have been searching this site and have narrowed it down th 3 things! penny valve, cat or turbo, car has done 150k but does pull well for 150bhp nice boost, nice idle. just the rattle sound does sound a bit doggy, how do i post a video? also i want to do the cam chain tens, cheapest i found is £238.24 +4 posted of ebay, not sure about quality!

I've just had my S4 remapped by Map-Tech... but I've got problems with it at the moment (which I hope isn't the map) so I can't really comment if it's any good or not. The guy lives near Market Rasen, so he's not too far from you.

The wife's TT's Cam Chain tensioner from the dealer was a fraction of the price you've seen there! Worth a try...

Chain tensioner price depends if its VVT or not. VVT ones are dear.

If it rattles on overrun then its probably the penny valve (which is part of the turbo, and a somewhat common fault) Our old A4 had a new turbo fitted at 120k (before we bought it) due to a faulty wastegate, and the replacement failed 75k later with the same fault. Our current avant has done 120k and its also got a faulty wastegate valve which rattles on overrun, and also has a ****** huge delay between flooring it and actually getting boost.

hi what problems do you have with your car now and how much did you pay for your remap

Woo hoo!

She lives!

Managed to finally replace the EGT sensors and the problem I was having with the engine cutting out at 3500rpm has now gone.

The remap from Map-tech has now finally come into its own and I'm well chuffed with it. Gareth was very helpful in helping me to source the problem and *his customer service skills are very impressive (even when I imagine he was getting frustrated with me!).

Very, very happy now. I can recommend Gareth's services if anyone was thinking about using him to improve their rides' get up and go.

Have you spoken to Gareth yet? If not, the contact details for Map_tech are as follows...

07837 827 499 - Gareth is a real nice guy and will advise you as to what is best for your particular model. He'll hook it up to Vag-Com for you first and clear down any codes, then re-test it for you.

You can also get him via e-mail - gareth@map-tech.co.uk

What have you got to lose? He'll come out to you to do it too.

Viper tuning is Ace Viper Tuning - Custom Remapping Richard there really knows his stuff, has remotely tuned customers cars for me all over the world. he is allways around he will travel to you to.