Ideas for uprating a '00 1.9TDi (115)

MuddyPlanter

Reaction score
Website
www.muddyplanter.wordpress.com
Hello all,

I recently purchased my first Audi. It's a lovely drive but lacking a little in power.

Any recommendations on how to get a little more out of it without destroying the economy? My last car was a '95 Subaru Legacy GTB, I loved the speed but got rid because I couldn't afford to run it.

So I'm not looking to build a screamer, I'm just after a little more overtaking oomph without breaking the bank, what do you all reckon?

Ta,

Dominic

a remap is the sensible first step if your not wanting to go mad.

Probably see a 30-40hp increase and a nice boost in midrange torque too.

Yeah, I was thinking about a remap. Has anyone got any recommendations in the Dorset area?

I've also some posts on hear about injectors and turbos. Any recommendations along those lines? Again, I don't want to destroy the fuel economy but, if I'm going to look at these, think it might be better to do these before a remap maybe?

Thanks again.

D.

you can, but doing injectors on a PD engine is a huge job, as they're mounted inside the cylinder head driven from the camshaft.

You need to decide how much power you want.

If your happy with 140hp or so, then remap and leave it as is.

If your wanting more, then its likely bigger injectors, larger turbo, big intercooler, and a remap to suit. And probably also a clutch upgrade too.

you can, but doing injectors on a PD engine is a huge job, as they're mounted inside the cylinder head driven from the camshaft.

You need to decide how much power you want.

If your happy with 140hp or so, then remap and leave it as is.

If your wanting more, then its likely bigger injectors, larger turbo, big intercooler, and a remap to suit. And probably also a clutch upgrade too.

By which point you should be asking whether you purchased the right car in the first place. TBH I would remap and then leave it well alone

By which point you should be asking whether you purchased the right car in the first place. TBH I would remap and then leave it well alone

spot on m8..... perhaps a tdi 130 would have been more suited with a map to 160+bhp..... you would be spending loads to get 140+bhp from your spec bud