RS4 body conversion update

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well as some of you know I'm building a RS4 look A4 1.8TQ ok it was going to be my 2.8 but I picked up an 2000 1.8TQ very cheaply so I have moved the project to that.

Anyway here some pic's of what I have been up to and thing are going in to over drive over the next few weeks.

When she was dropped off.

RS4+1.JPG

RS4+2.JPG

RS4+3.JPG

And What she looks like now.

RS4+s1.JPG

RS4+s2.JPG

RS4+s3.JPG

Oh and for those thinking of doing a 6 speed swap I think its quite possible but you would have to get the whole rear sub-frame which carry’s the diff but would bolt back up to the existing points on the car.

Docurley when you finish you will have one hell of a car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Looks like fun Dave! Good luck with it, and im looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Fun now that a word I have not heard in a while!!!

Rich at some point I would imagine your be bearing from me and have you made a CDA kit to fit the 1.8T's yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Fun now that a word I have not heard in a while!!!

Rich at some point I would imagine your be bearing from me and have you made a CDA kit to fit the 1.8T's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

Yes, we can do it for the 1.8T now. Have to use a 135o silicone hose and an adaptor plate, but it does work. JayB is using one on his A4 1.8T.

RIch

Yeh I remember him saying so but he never posted up any pic's.

Did he use the same size CDA/BMC as I did for my 2.8 if so can I buy just a fitting kit for the the 1.8T and I will take mine of the 2.8?

Yours should look similar to this at the front. Notice that this A4 has not got the wide rears.
ken.blue.3.jpg

Does look pretty good.

Here is another with wide arches!

s4.bt.donny.1.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Yours should look similar to this at the front. Notice that this A4 has not got the wide rears.
ken.blue.3.jpg

you got anymore pics of this? from the side etc???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Did he use the same size CDA/BMC as I did for my 2.8 if so can I buy just a fitting kit for the the 1.8T and I will take mine of the 2.8?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one I used was meant for the 1.8T but MAF did not fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't fit huh? Don't I ****** know it!?

Do you remember me ordering one of those from you Jase?

I p*ssed about with it for hours... I even got to the point where thought I was doing something wrong!

Even called the suppliers and spoke to them about it but they didn't know a thing and weren't really interested a great deal to be honest.

Pain in the ar*e! I honestly can't believe that for the price you pay for those BMC's that they don't come with a fitting kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That looks great now though, Rich actually showed me those pics before and I think it fits perfectly. Needs a bracket though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I certainly do remember mate! The one on mine now is the one you originally had! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There was no chance of it fitting without adding bits & pieces!! Have no idea how they made it fit on an A4 as it was....

It's good and sounds nice too! The bracket will be done shortly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

So you didn't find your hidden easter eggs then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This one I used was meant for the 1.8T but MAF did not fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't fit huh? Don't I ****** know it!?

Do you remember me ordering one of those from you Jase?

I p*ssed about with it for hours... I even got to the point where thought I was doing something wrong!

Even called the suppliers and spoke to them about it but they didn't know a thing and weren't really interested a great deal to be honest.

Pain in the ar*e! I honestly can't believe that for the price you pay for those BMC's that they don't come with a fitting kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That looks great now though, Rich actually showed me those pics before and I think it fits perfectly. Needs a bracket though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I certainly do remember mate! The one on mine now is the one you originally had! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There was no chance of it fitting without adding bits & pieces!! Have no idea how they made it fit on an A4 as it was....

It's good and sounds nice too! The bracket will be done shortly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Hand-me-downs eh!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It really does look good, I never did get to hear what it sounded like though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm hoping to be able to fit one with the turbo conversion...

Cheers

T

Ok every on here are this weekend picture update and a lot has happened.

This was what the base car looked like last week.

1.8T+first+bought.JPG

And now.

RS4+f8.JPG

RS4+f9.JPG

RS4+f10.JPG

RS4+f4.JPG

I was some what shocked when I turned up and found the rear quarter on one side done as I was told he would not start on it till next week.

It only took 2 days to do the rear, I did the front on Saturday but all parts will be taken off again for painting.

Lookin good Doc, it should look the nuts when it's finished mate...

That's looking really good David. He got a lot done for 2 days.

Please let me know if he kept the rest of the rear wing.

Cheers,
John

Looking good mate.
That is going to look so nice in the flesh.
Are you keeping it the same colour?

It will remain silver but another shade and make, I like the Yam R1 silver and some of the new silvers you see on the vans.

I'm looking for somthing that sort of looks like metal/ally.

[ QUOTE ]
It will remain silver but another shade and make, I like the Yam R1 silver and some of the new silvers you see on the vans.

I'm looking for somthing that sort of looks like metal/ally.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Avus Silver?

[ QUOTE ]
Yep they still got it and I asked for them to put it aside.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great news. Thanks David.

That was the original colour of the RS4 shell and although its nice its not what I want for the car.

But keep them comming.

This one I found then found out I could not use the colour.
progetto5.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif Dave,

Can't wait to see it on the road! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

David,

Have you seen the House of Kolor range?
http://www.houseofkolor.co.uk/
Not cheap but it's the paints that you'll see on all the American custom car programmes on Sky e.g. Overhaulin', Pimp my Ride, Hot Rod build off, etc etc.

John

Thanks for the link, like that lacquer.

FA-01 is designed to reduce the gloss of our acrylic lacquer and polyurethane enamel topcoats and clears. FA-01 will not effect adhesion or hardness. You can vary the amount of gloss reduction (from 10% to 99%) depending on the amount of FLATTENING AGENT used. FA-01 is great for undercarriages, frames and engine parts where high gloss is not desired, but a tough, durable finish is.

Found this photo shop pic of a well known S4 with RS4 body on a site, just hope mine look half as good.

Audi-RS4-Sedan-001(5).jpg

Looks great as wall paper

Well Dave, There is no reason why it shouldn't look as good. That car was the first S4 RS4 conversion i'd seen back in 2002 on audiworld and its stunning... great job. Yours will be great!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
That pic is a PS of the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..can tell from the HUGE deep dish wheels.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That pic is a PS of the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..can tell from the HUGE deep dish wheels.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Which look much better IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

The photoshopper should be shot: the eyelids and badgless grill spoil it! Should have left origional pic alone!

But gotta love the deep dished wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

David,

Found out there is another RS4 saloon in the UK. It is Keith Murray's of Dialynx. He is racing and winning with it. Looks good in red.

John