Quick Interior Question? (What fits in a 1998 Avant)

au_sjo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Due to having a broken front and rear seat in my 1998 Avant, i'm potentially looking for a new interior. I am aware that the -1997 interiors are different, so they're out. But what about facelifts? Are they a straight swap?

Many thanks

p.s. if anyone has an interior for sale, pref. black, please let me know

Cheers :)

Just be aware there can be 2 type of fitting on early cars, a pin mount and a hoop mount where they clip into the body.

Make sure you get the correct one

Just be aware there can be 2 type of fitting on early cars, a pin mount and a hoop mount where they clip into the body.

Make sure you get the correct one

Thanks. This is a 1998 car though so should be the later pin type.

Change over was around 98 afaik.

If i'm not mistaken the later type has three proper seatbelts in the rear. Early type has two proper belts and a lap belt.

I have a leather interior which will fit the earlier style which i'm about to put on ebay if your interested.

Change over was around 98 afaik.

If i'm not mistaken the later type has three proper seatbelts in the rear. Early type has two proper belts and a lap belt.

I have a leather interior which will fit the earlier style which i'm about to put on ebay if your interested.

Thanks. Just went and checked, it has three proper seat belts. Here's a couple of photos, I don't know if they're useful in identification at all?

IMG_20111106_195643.jpg

IMG_20111106_195638.jpg

If they are the later type, do you know if the facelift seats are a direct fit?

Cheers :)

Fitted the facelift interior today.. wasn't a direct fit as the airbag plugs on the seats are different... fortunately two out of the three pins/receptacles were a direct move from the 4 pin plug to the 2 pin one (of which 3 pins are used on the facelift seats). The third pin had to be spliced into the big red connector from the pre-facelift seats.

Job was a bit of a pita.. why Audi felt the need to do something other than 4 simple bots to hold a seat in I do not know!