Bulbs.....

Mackers

Reaction score
Hi all, after fitting some LED bulbs to my side lights today (off ultraLEDs) ALL of my front lights look YELLOW, i'm currently thinking of a set of 6000K HID's off T8UPS (who i'll PM in a moment) but am i able to upgrade the MAINBEAM and FOGLIGHTS to a better bulb, maybe even a higher wattage (i know being H7 bulbs, 55W is the norm and 100W are the "more powerful" bulb), therefore will the wiring take the 100W bulbs and if not, what are my options.
Wayne.

If you have a facelift car without a doubt I woulld go with a HID kit. IME 6000k is too blue and would recomend 4300k, a 35w kit is ample.

If you have a pre facelift car I would not recomend a HID kit until you have retrofitted headlamps from a facelift car.

Yes the foglights can be done I've done them on mine just a bit tight for space in the lamp unit for the connector but they do fit don't have a pic to show as I didnt take any when they were done as I used a spare kit I had but one of the ballasts was shot.

I went for 6k after having 8k but it would be good to see a comparison on a A4 so you no the differences between 43k and 6k.

Here's a pic of the headlights with 6k fitted
17b6a36f.jpg

187519c6.jpg

And with 8k which you can see are too blue
9d744d0e.jpg

I have 5k bulbs fitted in mine. I've had 4300k, 6000k & 8000k in the past. Will try and get i pic uploaded.

This is my mates A6 that I fitted out with 6000k lights. Dipped, Main and fogs. Dipped and main are on together here.
Image0835.jpg

Last edited:
i do have the facelift model, i'm not sure now, i'm liking the 6000k pictures on the net, and the "tinge" of blue, but seems everyone's using the 4500k bulbs, but T8UPS mentioned about LED foglight bulbs, seems a good idea, anyone done that and got pics.
Wayne.

4300k bulbs not 4500k. like i said earlier, i'm running 5000k light. Supposedly PURE WHITE light. 4300k has a light tinge of yellow and 6000k has a light tinge of Blue.

Not seen any LED headlights, or at least any aftermarket LED bulbs that are worth fitting as they are of a poor quality. Thats not to say T8UPS or someone else won't have decent ones, just saying i've never come across any. Even my mates have bought and dumped them.

i've googled the LED H7's must say they look good, but also being foglamps, they only for people to know you're there, as the beam is a wide beam and doesn't "project forward" like the dip or mainbeam lights..

i have 4300k in both dip and full beam and LED Sides
the 4300's are not yellow in the slightest, but equally they are not chavvy Citroen Saxo blue either.

they match the LED sides perfectly.

go 55w not 100w,

i have 4300k in both dip and full beam and LED Sides
the 4300's are not yellow in the slightest, but equally they are not chavvy Citroen Saxo blue either.

they match the LED sides perfectly.

go 55w not 100w,

HID are 35w or 55w, halogens are 55w or 100w?