MOT passed for a 13 year old car

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I know its a bit of a self....what ever the long word for it is, sort of post.
But it just amazes me that a 13 year old car can pass a MOT with no advisories, not even a quiet word from the MOT tester bloke.

I've all ways tried to keep my cars up together and looked after but there has allways been something with all my cars apart from this one.

13 years old, almost 130k and 100% bill of health.

Well happy and really impressed.
I've known newer cars fail with more faults.
O well, I'm off to tax it now.

Good job. My cars usually pass without issue. TBH i think anyone that is "into" cars knows their cars well enough that they're not going to be driving around with stuff that would fail an MOT. Bearing in mind its testing the absolute minimum standards of roadworthyness.

I hate it when MOT and Tax lines up at the same time!

I specifically put only 6months tax on my saloon to ensure they're plenty distance apart come next year!

Good job. My cars usually pass without issue. TBH i think anyone that is "into" cars knows their cars well enough that they're not going to be driving around with stuff that would fail an MOT. Bearing in mind its testing the absolute minimum standards of roadworthyness.

I hate it when MOT and Tax lines up at the same time!

I specifically put only 6months tax on my saloon to ensure they're plenty distance apart come next year!

No MOT and not TAX, made it very hard to get in to work today to get the car MOTed. Stupid rules. :(

I'm putting 6 months on this time and then a year of tax next year so they are apart.
I can't afford to keep having 2 mots and a tax at the same time.
Apart from the cost trying to organise them both is a night mare.

Well done, it just highlights the build quality of Audi. When did you last see a 13 year old Mondeo on the roads? NEVER.

My A4 2.8 30V has just turned 14 last month, 137,000 on the clock and it passed the MOT with 0 advisories also. I'm in love with the car and it still astounds me in terms of reliability and refinement at such an old age.

Well your allowed to drive to the MOT station with no MOT and no TAX so long as the car is insured. That bits not so much of an issue. I always goto the MOT station and wait on them doing the test, rather than this "drop the car off and get it later" pish. That way i can get a look around the car, make sure the guys doing the job properly and not mugging me off, and if theres any faults i'm there so i can see them properly when hes found it.

Its just the hassle and the potential outlay all at once. If it happens to need something for the MOT that you've missed you need to find the money for that, and the money for the MOT and the Tax disk. And you need it all sorted quickly or you end up with a million quid fine for waiting 3 days on the car being fixed before you can tax it etc etc.

So to avoid all that i put 6 months on, and will go back to 12 months when that expires. Meaning the MOT and Tax are 6 months apart from now on. I think i may have ended up with only 1 month between the Tax on the two cars though, which is a bit ****e!

It looks like both cars are going to have MOTs on the same month next year.
Due to things thats happening over the next several weeks, I can't take one off the road to help spread the MOTs out. :(

Might burn it and get another one. lol

I use to watch MOT guy do it work when I knew him.
Can't do it any more, he gets a bit funny. lol

The garage it in work, so I use that one.
I drive to the garage, walk to the office and walk back to pick it up.

My old 150,000 mile P plate fun bus sailed straight through the MOT yesterday with only an advisory on the wear on the rear pads (which I knew about anyway).

Naughty numberplate and de-cat have already found their way back on the car lol.

My old 150,000 mile P plate fun bus sailed straight through the MOT yesterday with only an advisory on the wear on the rear pads (which I knew about anyway).

Naughty numberplate and de-cat have already found their way back on the car lol.

Would it not pass with that lot on it allready?

Mine passed with pressed plates on.

my pressed plates have BS AU 145d stampings on them, so they're road legal.

Maybe his plate has a funny font or dodgy spacing? TBH i dont see the point of that, it just attracts attention from the fuzz!

Would it not pass with that lot on it allready?

Mine passed with pressed plates on.

Decat - no chance as the emissions would be too high
Pressed plates - Nope as mine are also in the German font and have the stadt tags on them

I know I am old enough to know better but I am also young enough not to care. lol

I'm young too, i just dont want to give the fuzz any excuse to pull me over. I'm actually surprised i've not been pulled yet with these orange wheels!

I have blue wheels and exhaust is fairly loud but you just drive calmly and use your indicators well, do the limit not under it and you`ll be fine. They wont pull you for having brightly coloured wheels :p

I have blue wheels and exhaust is fairly loud but you just drive calmly and use your indicators well, do the limit not under it and you`ll be fine. They wont pull you for having brightly coloured wheels :p

Blue??? Pics?

281488_10150281606279587_503664586_7739579_3716295_n.jpg

About the only pic i do have from a distance. Havent taken pics in aaages