99 Heater blower resistor.

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Pretty sure the resistor pack has packed in, can I just replace the thermal fuse as detailed on another site with ref to VW or is it a whole pack? If so can anyone tell me what model yrs are the same so I can look around scrappies.

Thanks.

Has your fan blower stopped working? Have you checked the motor brushes? They are a serviceable part and only takes 10mins to remove glove box and fan unit.

Also, when glove box is out, you can check for a voltage at the motor terminals. someone else had an issue with the rubber shroud on the the terminal melting and causing a breakdown of the current being able to pass through.

I think the signs of the thermal fuse are the fans only working on full speed ie number 4 setting. If thats the case its only the fuse needs replacing with a 85 odd pence one from Maplins. It happened to me, just make sure the fuse is soldered in properly.

Well it doesn't work most of the time, but started this morning but once turned off wouldn't come on again. Then earlier today came on and I could turn it down from full and back up again. 2 hrs later start car and nothing on any setting. Motor or resistor?

Right sitting here in total silence, turn key there's a noise like a clock ticking from the glove box area for 10 secs, then that stops and a quiet whirring from air vents.

Has the motor ran at different speeds when it has been able to work? Could be alot of dust from the brushes in the motor housing. mine was clogged up. Just totally stopped working. It's really easy to remove the glove box and access the fan motor.

Check the wiring that goes onto the motor for voltages when on fan speed 1, then 2 etc upto full speed. If that shows up ok, remove the motor (4/5 crosshead screws) and there is 3 rubber prongs that hold the motor into the housing, push these back with a flat head screwdriver whilst pulling lightly on the motor and it will come out.

The brushes are held in a clip, remove this and pull brushes out.

$%28KGrHqR,%21hwE6GpEg10BBOoFbLl4GQ%7E%7E60_12.JPG

This is the same control unit...

It came on today on full speed and i am able to lower it a click at a time and back up no probs. But if i turn it off, wont come back on.

brushes or bearings in the fan then.

There is no resistor pack on the climatronic unit, its presumably a PWM controller.

Many thanks, i'll whip it out tomorrow. I may take the fan out too..buh bum..igmc.