FACELIFT REMOTE C/LOCKING

stoop44rio

Reaction score
I thought all facelifts had remote locking until I picked one up recently which doesnt seem to have it. It only came with one basic key and on the drivers door near the button the little red light isnt there. So if theres basic models without it can the remote locking be fitted to it easily as Im going to be replacing the boot lock as I had to break it open last week when it decided to jam shut. Anyone know???

I'll check tomorrow but I have a spare from another I broke which did have remote locking.

The pump in the car is; 8DO 862 257C, I have found two more in my garage which are 8LO 862 257A and 8DO 862 257E.

from what i can tell, 8D0862257C is superceded to 8D0862257, which IS remote capable.

257E is a UK specific part and should be compatible too.

Is the car an import?

No, the cars not an import but previous owner has been messing with the pump so may have replaced it with the one in it now. If I replaced the pump with the 257e pump and bought a lock set with remote key would it all work? Can the 'chip' be cut out of the old key at all and put into the new key?

yeh, i wouldnt even bother getting a lock set, just get a key from ebay, and have the blade cut to match your existing locks.

Then carefully cut the transponder out of one of your keys and put it in the new flip key.