Handed

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Does a centre console from a left or right handed car fit a right or left handed car?
Mainly the radio cage, faceplate and HVAC unit.

yes the inards should be the same, i cant see why the outer console shouldnt fit as well

exactly the same fitment
if you get hvac from usa it will probably read in farenheit but easy to switch it
and switches/cup holder would need swapping over

exactly the same fitment
if you get hvac from usa it will probably read in farenheit but easy to switch it
and switches/cup holder would need swapping over

Cup holder and switches?
The top half of a double and single din unit is the same right?

So i'd only need the ash tray, HVAC and cage?

im doing the same thing, Ive been in touch through ebay with a scrapyard somewhere in the us who will do international shipping. think he quoted me 100 usd for the facelift (double din) HVAC with heated seat option and ashtray (35usd shipping )and i think 100 for the surrounds ect. i will check my emails and get back to you with a contact. Only reason im not doing it was that i was hoping it wouldnt be so expensive.

im doing the same thing, Ive been in touch through ebay with a scrapyard somewhere in the us who will do international shipping. think he quoted me 100 usd for the facelift (double din) HVAC with heated seat option and ashtray (35usd shipping )and i think 100 for the surrounds ect. i will check my emails and get back to you with a contact. Only reason im not doing it was that i was hoping it wouldnt be so expensive.

WOW, that does seem alot of money.
I seen the double din cage from canada for £40ish.

I'll keep looking, I'm in no rush.
My dad just given me a Bluetooth, MP3, Ipod, CD, double din Clarion unit which is better than my current unit.
So it might as well convert to double din and then Wait for a good priced RNS to come along.

Thanks for the info, it be handy to have.

I'd get the trunk modified to us style. Might be a cheaper over all mod.
I have read about someone ordering a new us lid from audi and someone modifiing theirs.

thanks for the link.

yeah ive thought about it, only thing is that the facelift cars in the US ( mines is facelift 2000) still operate on the old manual boot release whereas our facelift have the electric.