Key not working?

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
I was changing batteries on the key and now the central locking isnt working, is there a time on these that the battery has to be changed before?

If so, how do i re-programme it to work with the car again?

Cheers.

You need both of your switchblade keys to re-program them, you can program up to five switchblade keys:

Take the key you do not want to program (if it already works) and put it in the ignition. Turn it one click forward.

Close and lock the drivers door with the second key with the window down (you can also do this from the inside of your car).

On the second key (the one in the drivers door) press the 'UNLOCK' button ONCE only, the lights will flash on the car, but the doors will remain locked

With the second key still in the drivers door, unlock then lock the door again.

Pull the key from the slot and also take out the key out of your ignition and than test the remote functions.

Repeat for second key fob / switchblade / key whatever you want to call it !!! Enjoy!!

You might end up doing it a few times to get the hang of the procedure so its all a smooth one step type of thing and the comp will learn it! NOTICE if you are too slow / too fast this will not work!!

Got it not long after i posted this, had locked the car with the key as it was sitting outside for a bit, then went out to try it again later and just pressed the unlock button a few times in annoyance, and the thing started working again, result!

Cheers for the info aswell Dan.

Can you reprogram if you only have one key? If not, how do I go about getting a spare key? Audi dealers only ?

If you only have one then get another one cut (fixed blade) and put the fixed blade into the ignition and follow instructions above. I got the remote to program in ok this way but wouldn't start my car due to the immo differences on my A8.

Brilliant advice. I had aproblem with my spare not working and after trying this method it works perfect.
Thanks for the post.