Worth adding an EBC?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Basically my brother has offered me his aftermarket EBC from his project car at a very attractive price. Is it worth grabbing for my old tank?

What are you trying to achieve with it?

If you adjust the boost much outwith the stock parameters you'll just cause the ECU to cut the fuel and drop into limp mode.

Just thought it may give me better control of the boost and it's delivery, maybe even squeeze a couple more psi of boost from it as it's just too limp with 12psi :( Looking at getting the Quattro map remap written to a FWD chip to eek a bit more from the old fun bus

Isnt your car the early ECU type? I doubt the later flash would be compatible if so.

I have a 557B box from an A6 that might take the later rom, but you'd need to change to the later harness too.

Yeh, but the TQS uses the later style of ECU. Two big plugs and a slim rounded case.

Your car (i think) has the earlier ECU with the big square case and 5 seperate plugs.

Your not going to be able to put the later chip into the earlier box.

I was hoping to put the newer map onto the older chip. Could really do with a proper look inside both but saddly that won't be easy to achieve.

Was going to swipe the ECU off the Quattro breaker but saddly that all fell through :(