AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

1.8t seized engine

hi there everyone i have just brought a 96 p a4 1.8t sport but the engine has seized im looking for a new engine if anyone knows of one and if anyone has any tips on stuff like lowering and changing of bumpers n stuff i am looking for a different front n rear bumpers but which do i go for???? hope everyones good

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    What engine code you after ?

Best options are S4 bumpers but they have a steap price tag unless you get lucky.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F4 Kit - THS Decat - Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do - F21 Upgrade - 3" Maf/Saab red Injectors
    WANTED : Cheap 02/52 Passat 1.8T AWT Manual

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    where are you based?

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi there im after the AEB coded engine and im based in burton on trent , i love the look of s4 bumpers and like u said they do hold there price

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    eBay item - 130554733993
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F4 Kit - THS Decat - Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do - F21 Upgrade - 3" Maf/Saab red Injectors
    WANTED : Cheap 02/52 Passat 1.8T AWT Manual

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    jesus that is cheap!?

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    To be honest, my experience with A8parts isn't that good. I purchased some heads for my V6 which apparently came from a VERY LOW MILEAGE 2.8 ACK Audi A6.

Party my fault for not overhauling the heads before fitting as I went along with what I was told only to find after 2k miles, The cam seal is goosed and valve stem guides too!! It would appear they came from a very high mileage car (or a low mileaged abused car) as I had replaced everything else new, oil, filter, pumps etc.

The guy also told me they bought perfectly running cars and dismantled to sell. If it's perfectly running etc, surely they're not going to make much money after has worker has removed parts and they sold them. There is the office/warehouse that he lets, wages and other overheads. There was two complete cars parked out the front when I collected the heads but certainly didn't look like they had been looked after in the slightest by the owners!!

That is my experience though.......
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    3-400quid is about the going rate tbh.

I've seen them sell for 200.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S4_dan View Post
    To be honest, my experience with A8parts isn't that good. I purchased some heads for my V6 which apparently came from a VERY LOW MILEAGE 2.8 ACK Audi A6.

Party my fault for not overhauling the heads before fitting as I went along with what I was told only to find after 2k miles, The cam seal is goosed and valve stem guides too!! It would appear they came from a very high mileage car (or a low mileaged abused car) as I had replaced everything else new, oil, filter, pumps etc.

The guy also told me they bought perfectly running cars and dismantled to sell. If it's perfectly running etc, surely they're not going to make much money after has worker has removed parts and they sold them. There is the office/warehouse that he lets, wages and other overheads. There was two complete cars parked out the front when I collected the heads but certainly didn't look like they had been looked after in the slightest by the owners!!

That is my experience though.......
    I/m with you from my experience too. I only ordered a relay, but it took 2 x attempts to get it right, and comms was poor too.

Just keep it in mind, maybe all would be ok if you were to collect