1.8t seized engine

matty18T

Reaction score
hi there everyone i have just brought a 96 p a4 1.8t sport but the engine has seized im looking for a new engine if anyone knows of one and if anyone has any tips on stuff like lowering and changing of bumpers n stuff i am looking for a different front n rear bumpers but which do i go for???? hope everyones good

What engine code you after ?

Best options are S4 bumpers but they have a steap price tag unless you get lucky.

where are you based?

hi there im after the AEB coded engine and im based in burton on trent , i love the look of s4 bumpers and like u said they do hold there price

jesus that is cheap!?

To be honest, my experience with A8parts isn't that good. I purchased some heads for my V6 which apparently came from a VERY LOW MILEAGE 2.8 ACK Audi A6.

Party my fault for not overhauling the heads before fitting as I went along with what I was told only to find after 2k miles, The cam seal is goosed and valve stem guides too!! It would appear they came from a very high mileage car (or a low mileaged abused car) as I had replaced everything else new, oil, filter, pumps etc.

The guy also told me they bought perfectly running cars and dismantled to sell. If it's perfectly running etc, surely they're not going to make much money after has worker has removed parts and they sold them. There is the office/warehouse that he lets, wages and other overheads. There was two complete cars parked out the front when I collected the heads but certainly didn't look like they had been looked after in the slightest by the owners!!

That is my experience though.......

To be honest, my experience with A8parts isn't that good. I purchased some heads for my V6 which apparently came from a VERY LOW MILEAGE 2.8 ACK Audi A6.

Party my fault for not overhauling the heads before fitting as I went along with what I was told only to find after 2k miles, The cam seal is goosed and valve stem guides too!! It would appear they came from a very high mileage car (or a low mileaged abused car) as I had replaced everything else new, oil, filter, pumps etc.

The guy also told me they bought perfectly running cars and dismantled to sell. If it's perfectly running etc, surely they're not going to make much money after has worker has removed parts and they sold them. There is the office/warehouse that he lets, wages and other overheads. There was two complete cars parked out the front when I collected the heads but certainly didn't look like they had been looked after in the slightest by the owners!!

That is my experience though.......

I/m with you from my experience too. I only ordered a relay, but it took 2 x attempts to get it right, and comms was poor too.

Just keep it in mind, maybe all would be ok if you were to collect