help non starter

ratlook

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Audi A4 Avant 1.8 non turbo V5 on engine casing.
The car had an aftermarket alarm fitted that was playing up, so I removed it, the alarm wiring was just spured in the harness so I cut it out.
The car will not turn over the starter motor does not spin, I can hear the solinoid clicking. However under the steering wheel on the relay block
there is a row of four relays, position three and four are missing, I did remove a relay that was in the alarm and I am wondering if these missing realys
are causing the problem of the car not starting, I cannot replace them I have nothing to go on, any help would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks

If you look down the back of the engine behind the inlet manifold, you'll see the wiring harness clipped on down the back.

Around that area is a single pin connector, which carries the starter solenoid feed from the car harness into the Engine. Its black wire with a red stripe, and the wire goes into a piece of corrugated tubing which runs across the back of the block and round towards the starter.

If you pull this apart, and run a jumper wire from the battery positive to the engine side of this connector and see if the starter spins. If it does theres something wrong with the cars internal wiring, such as your alarm removal.

ok I will give that a go, mechanic was supposed to look at it tonight but he never turned up!
Still confused about about the relays,