Badger5JMB Retrofits
    A4Steve

debadging rear HELP

hi peeps

after reading the audiworld forums ive decided to do a few more mods, beetle sunglasses, s4 aluminium trim, but firstly debadge (leaving just the rings)

this is the method ive read in basic: Heat up badge using hairdryer until feels hot then use dental floss to prise away

My problem is that the yanks have used a product called "goo gone" to remove the adhesive left over- but dont think that is available in uk

Does anyone know any equivalants in uk that wont damage paintwork?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif[/img]

thx yaseen
    red Rieger kitted 95 a4

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: debadging rear HELP

Pur a few jugs of boiling water over the badge, and if that dnt move it, then use a hair dryer...

Use a thing called 'stick stuff remover' which surprisingly, removes sticky stuff... its based on citric acid(lemon juice) so wont damage the paint work... use a bit of t-cut after and then polish over it...

Rich

Status

Auto glym tar remover does the trick too

Neutral

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Hi
    Mate
    Myself I used auto GLYM tar removal its work on car paint like a magic so used that & its good for any mark on the car it wont damage you paint work as well. only 3.99
    Sorry rich but t cut its not good for car paint after some time its got bad effects on paint. Try this but still you have to rub hard.

2nd Gear

Status

or u can just use lighter fluid!....works a treat!...ex artist used this stuff on really delicate stuff before and its been fine, did it on my a3 worked really well!...trust me its fine ...and it was only a quid! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Silicone eater, for removing old sealant will remove all of the adhesive too. It is non harmful to most surfaces ie plastic cabinets etc etc.

Joules

A4Steve

Thx for all the replies

rear now de-badged, was very easy and straightforward, badges came of easily, and Autoglym tar remover took glue off with no trouble - excellent product

looks much better [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

yaseen

audi a4.36

Status
    Two packets of floss later and the car was badgeless, although it may of been a bit cold when i did it,(2 degrees), still car looks better for it, dont think i'll be removing the rings, mite look a bit too bare. Thanks for the info.J

DownShifter

Status
    Got mine off with some fishing line wire and some good ol fashion elbow grease. I left the rings and the T sport symbol