offset probs ?

mark69

Reaction score
I understand the offset of genuine RS4 alloys is ET20 and a standard A4 is ET35. What are the implications ( if any ) involved in running RS4's on an A4 ? Help please !..... as I'm about to buy a set.....cheers in advance, Mark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ET20 wheels will stick out and will not pass MOT as the wheels will be wider than the arches and look dumb!
Waste of money unless your gona widen ur arches, but why not just buy replicas?

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I presume that this is the only problem - that they stick out too far?

Or are there any other issues.......

yes.....when you corner hard the arch will rip the tyre to pieces.
and it will look crap

Lets say you theoretically make the arches bigger - a la RS4 - would that mean they would be OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remember its not just the outer wings also the inners!! total waste of effort imho but if you did want to do it im sure it could be done.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say you theoretically make the arches bigger - a la RS4 - would that mean they would be OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean,
Only other issue is that you put extra strain on the wheel bearings the further you move the wheels out (or decrease the ET). However, this is fairly marginal and I imagine S4's have heavier duty bearings than a normal A4 anyway.

Good luck with the trip to Birmingham. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

John