Help with vag com

skinz

Reaction score
Just got a vagcom but having trouble loading it onto my laptop, can any1 help plz, I'm running win7

Good luck,i bought mine months ago and still cant get it to work

Where did you get the Vagcom from ?

You tried looking through the files on the disc for a setup or install icon ?

Think you need a certain version for win7 I maybe wrong tho

Got it of eBay, I went on rosstec an downloaded the free lite version cause couldn't figure out which file to download on the disk, so ive got the lite version an when i open it i need to do the test thing, where it says com1 com2 com3 com4, there should be 1 that says USB but it's not there, not sure if I've got the wrong download or not, like I said not sure which file it is on the disk

Yes it's right you just need to figure out which com port your USB port for your lead is. So it nows which com port (USB port) your lead Is plugged in so it can scan the car.

sorted it, dont know how but got it working:think: bk to my other thread

i got the same problem... bug got my lead off AMAZON,
downloaded the newer vercsion of "lite"
i've tested the COM ports (got it tested and "ok'd" it)
gone to the car and plugged it in, blue light on,
try an do anything, it says "no response from controller"
i'm not too hot with computers anyways.....
What am i doing wrong :S :S

Wayne

What happens if u try running a fault search with out it being plugged into the car

It just keeps trying to connect to the ecu then defaults back to the controller selection after a warning message say no response from ecu/vehicle iirc

Try selecting your com port whilst it's plugged in to the vehicle and see what messages flag up one should in theory be different to the rest then you will no you have the USB linked to the correct port.

Look in the device manager, find the USB com port, and ensure the same one is selected in the vagcom config.
done that, as ya have to "test" and "save" them prior to plugging it into the car, fault as bradderz said.... i have the STD radio in, so can't be that. how do ya update the drivers?? :S

You got the link from where you purchased the lead from as they vary between Models depending if it's a CAN vehicle.