Oil pressure light!!

Ebo007

Reaction score
Hi all looking for some help pls.

My bro has a 96 1.8T avant that has the oil pressure light on. The car has 'broken down' as he won't drive it. There was a bit if smoke coming out of it the other day when I was following him home. Now the light has came on and the engine is sounding very rough. It was sounding a bit rough the other day but was low on oil which was topped up and seemed better. Oil level is fine now but now the light is on and were worried something serious may be wrong (oil pump, turbo etc)
I know we need ti get fault code read to find out wat's up but anyone suffered the same fate??
Thanks

yep, it's sludged up. Probably killed the turbo as a minimum due to il starvation.

Search for sludge and you'll see its across all the models sadly AVS is a killer

That's sh*t as he only bought it a few wks ago. Will get it checked out and post back. Thanks for the quick response mate. Had a search there are too many threads across all Audi range to go thro lol

Is it a ko3 turbo that is in these 1.8T's?
Cheers

yes
as above sludge oil pick up will be blocked
sump off new pick up hope its ok if not prob turbo shot

Any idea where to get a pick up from? My local Audi have priced it at £183.37 + VAT . That includes the pump, not sure if you can buy it seperately?

Its not available as a seperate part on a longitudinal engine.

Take yours off and clean it with solvent.

That said, its probably worthwhile changing the whole pump anyway.

Give AllGermanParts a shout for a better price on the pump.