Exhaust on a 2000 2.8 Quattro

scammo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the exhaust on this car is one piece from the cats back?

I need to change the centre silencer only but was told that the whole system is one part (£360!)

I have a 98 2.8 and the exhaust from the cats is in one piece. I'm not sure if this has been welded or not as I was also under the assumption that the rear silencer and middle silencer split. But maybe its not the case??

Audi sell the system as two parts, and supply a joiner. The stock system is one piece though.

That said, the centre box alone is ~400 from Audi.

I've got an rs4 centre silencer you could have but you'd need to make it fit ax I cut the rear bix off for mine but I'm based in dartford or remove it and put a straight through pipe in instead

Audi sell the system as two parts, and supply a joiner. The stock system is one piece though.

That will explain my one piece the and its condition then. 170K, 13yrs old and only a bit of corrosion on the middle box! The rest of the system is in very good condition!

I have a 2,8 Q year 2000 w reg, took off the original standard exhaust, it was two piece from the cats back & fitted a Miltek 3" system which was a Three piece system - 1st) the two into one section (from the two Cats to the one 3" pipe) 2nd) the center box - 3rd) the rear box.