My 312mm Brake upgrade.

Reaction score
Got my discs and pads today.

The front discs look huge and weight a ton.

Hope to get them fitted tomorrow or thursday i will take some pics of before and after.

Cheers folks

where did you get the discs, what model are they from and how much?

cheers

got the carriers already but not the discs yet.

Got drilled and grooved discs front and rear not a big name and cost about £120 from rally design.

The pads are Mintex.

I have just been out painting my carriers so they are ready to fit.

I think the make of the discs may be Maxtorq.

I asked for ones for an A6 quattro that are size 312mm x 25mm. They look massive will look wll smart should fill my alloys up cos i only have 17s

sweet, nice one, think ill get mine from them, good price that for front and rears.

Nice price heres my front setup on my 2.8, never got round to painting the calipers.
There ECS.
disc.jpg

My 1.8TQ will be running full RS4 Calipers front & Rear plus disc and these are huge, I'm amazed there fit with 18" Rim's

Be interesting to see if it makes a big difference in braking performance since the callipers aint being changed. Should look good though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Be interesting to see if it makes a big difference in braking performance since the callipers aint being changed. Should look good though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It should do in theory. Although the surface area of the pad is the same, they are gripping the disks further from the centre, so should have more leverage, if that's the right word for it.

Plus like you say, they look nice and beefy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Are you doing anything with the callipers Markey? On my old Coupe I painted them with red 'Smoothrite' and it looked sweet. Although that was a red car, and a bit sportier-looking than an A4. What do you reckon? Too Max Power???!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The classier look. Like it.

Make sure you get some pics posted up then mate.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice price heres my front setup on my 2.8, never got round to painting the calipers.
There ECS.
disc.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

They look great mate, tempted to do this myself, with the calipers painted would look the business!
My brakes look tiny now with 18's on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Cheer s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice photo Markey - Are you using your "Plates 'o' meat" as a guide to the size of the discs.....

They look well - serious stopping power - Nice
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif