Badger5Chris Nott
    1.8T Quattro Sport AJL

Status

Can anyone identify this?

Hi,

I was changing the air filter in my TQS and had to move the usual assortment of pipes, wires and hoses out of the way.

I undid the clip holding this component only to find that it has at some point broken off inside the hose.

Can anyone tell me what this part is, what it does and most importantly if they have one knocking around in their garage as I am sure that it will be expensive at the local stealers (I can hear the sound of sweaty palms rubbing together already !)

Here is the part,

Thanking you all in advance,

G

To date - 2.5" Jetex exhaust, Generic re-map, Silicone hoses, N75k, shiny 17's, FK Springs

Wanted - Sports cat, bigger downpipe, FMIC, Bigger turbo

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    It's a check valve (one way) for the fuel tank vapours that are drawn to the intake
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    It's a check valve (one way) for the fuel tank vapours that are drawn to the intake
    So nothing drastically important. Managed to fit it back into hose and clamp it up.

To date - 2.5" Jetex exhaust, Generic re-map, Silicone hoses, N75k, shiny 17's, FK Springs

Wanted - Sports cat, bigger downpipe, FMIC, Bigger turbo

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    I did same with the n80 valve that's further down that pipe on the airbox price one up from audi it was iirc around £75 so I did what I could with it and had no problems get a bit of a wiff of fuel sometimes as I don't think it's very air tight just going to try and get one next time I'm at the scrappers that's if it doesn't break again as it will probably be the same as my old one or even worse lol
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build