turbo inlet oil pipe?

Kingfisher

Reaction score
1.8T AJB engine . Is the oil inlet pipe the one that comes out of the back of the block, runs along the side of the head ( on drivers side) and into the top of the turbo?
Thanks.

Thanks.
It sits above the turbo with a thin tin plate type of heat shield.... open along the side ( to the turbo). Thought I could usefully provide much better protection from both turbo and the exhaust -- but didn't wish to seal heat in !
On the other side it looks as if I could help shield the airbox area from radiant heat as well.

You are lucky to have those Recaros in yours.... ticked some boxes on ours (hers really) but wish that Xenons and Recaros had been ticked as well .... but was running up the price too much and at the time (May 1999) didn't realise how good both items are !!

Yes I no ive only seen like 5 with them that have been up for sale on eBay and Autotrader since I got the car.

I wouldn't think you would need to shield it from any heat as when your driving I'd say the airflow is cool enough in the engine bay and the airbox aswell.