EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Fire up the Quattro!

Status

URGENT....Fan blower stopped working out of the blue!!

Refitted my old throttle body after a good clean today and now my fan motor for the windscreen has stopped working.

I use my car at 5am for work. Really need help on this guys please.

I've checked all of the fuses (cos i didn't know which is fan but found it to be fuse 25?), All fuses are ok.

Cheers,

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

FOR SALE - Eibach Pro Sport springs for a 2.5 V6 B6/7 PM ME.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Blower motor will be shot more than likely.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    All of a sudden? Seems strange that it was coming on earlier when i was doing the throttle body alignment though? Then left the car for a few hours, just been for some fuel and noticed no fans. Climate display still shows fan bars on the side.

How do i access the blower motor?

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Remove the glove box and then try put a direct 12v feed to the fan.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

6th Gear

Status
    Piece of piss to change mate, I did mine in the office car park over lunch. Much to the bemusement of my co workers lol.

Gen fan from ECP was about £70 iirc

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    THinking of going to a scrappy on tuesday aft to pick one up. But will do some checks tomorrow eveing, too dark now.

Cheers for info Oranoco.

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    Bit of a pointer,

Mines stopped twice now also, was told it would be the motor but as u say its strange that it would just stop and not be intermittently at fault for a period first. I got into mine to find the live connection rubber sheath had melted and lost connection. Cleaned it up and worked fine. This only happened after jump starting the car thou, but worth checking before buying a motor or replacing brushes.

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Brushes are gone, i got some and soldered thenm into mine veofr it expired, cost me a fiver and half hour to remove, solder and refit. Sorted.

Status
    £40 delivered for a brand new OEM Valeo unit on ebay. This is a maintenance part so getting one from a scrappy is pointless as it will have the same issue eventually.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Removed fan after work and it spun freely by hand. Plugged back in and turned fan on. felt it 'hummm' but no movement. so quick spin by hand and its off, spinning away, with a repetitive 'clunk' noise when spinning. Turned it off and back on but wouldn't spin on its own accord.

How do i remove the motor from the housing?

There does seem to be some corrosion in there, and some of the holding screws were a bit rusty too!

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Found it very easy to remove motor. removed brushes and there is about 1cm on both sides left. lights sand on those as they were dirty, and a quick clean at base of motor where they contact. Too late now to go outside and refit and try but will plug it in in the morning as i will prob need the fan in the morning!!

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro

6th Gear

Status
    Get a new, genuine one mate, i did try new brushes and after a lot of messing about i just gave up. It's the windings inside the motor, one is shorted. I have even tried making a good one out of 2 broken ones with new brushes, worked for just a week ! I don't waste my time anymore especially for the sake of 70 quid. Dealer's price is over 225 pounds !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Well, fitted it back in this morning at 05:45hrs and all is sweet now! No rattling and getting nice flow of air again. Will keep an eye on it and the scrappy have several in so if i need one urgently one of those will tie me over until i get a new one. But fingers crossed, it's sorted for the time being. :-)

Cheers for everyones input.

Dan
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

Status
    Deffo sounds like the brushes so I wouldn't hold your breath on it working for long. It really is an easy job to change the brushes and you can get them off ebay for about a fiver
    2000 1.8t quattro Sport totally standard (ish)