DIS and radio station information?

mike-a

Reaction score
I've currently got a Sony headunit in my '96 Sport which was fitted when I bought the car.I've also got the onboard DIS display for MPG/range/ave speed etc.If I refit an Audi headunit would the DIS also display station info?
What headunit would have been fitted to my car from the factory anyway?

Many thanks :)

Where you have the mpg/ range / avg speed etc (should be at the bottom of the display) and in the midle should be the temp display. If there is a bigger space above the temp, where low fuel warning, washer fliud warning symbols come on.......then it should display the radio staions/cd track number in there.

is it possible to retain the station/track information on DIS when you upgrade to an aftermarket stereo? - I know on Mercs and Vauxhalls you can buy kits from Connects2 that let this happen.. can you do this with Audi's as well?

No you can't, only Blaupunkt do an interface cable for some of their HU's and at about £80 I think there's probably more useful things you could be buying. All the info you need is about 10" to the left on the HU itself including CD text, the DIS won't show you anything useful. How many times do you need to be reminded what radio station you are listening to?

Reactions: pangsterA3