Turbo rebuild questions

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm planning on rebuild the turbo on my 1.9Tdi PD engine, as I'm noticing that the turbo is sticking so rather than just sticking mr muscle down the neck of the egr pipe I was think about rebuilding the turbo myself. I've noticed there are rebuild kits on ebay but I'm unsure of the quality of the kits.

Any comments or suggestions welcome, as one thing I noticed is about getting the balancing done, some just mark the shaft and the wheel so the balance is the same as before.

Everyone says stay clear of the turbos on there I would say the same about the rebuild kits

I used Midlands turbo for a complete re-build and balance. It cost me £300 due to broken blades (which I suspected anyhow) but the price of a normal re-build is £170 which includes door to door pickup and drop off. I know this topic is old but I hope this helps.

midland will always quote you happy
then bam something else needs replaceing

as above avoid ebay parts do it right 1st time
saying that midland are good at what they do

That is a good point actually, I should have asked for my old blade back too. Ah well you live and learn. Still Turbotechnics wanted £320 before even receiving it, but then again they sent me a free Boost controller when I didnt use them for the rebuild as it was all custom. So to sumerise my waffle, Midlands turbo did a great job on the turbo and turbo Technics were mega helpful sourcing parts!