AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Fire up the Quattro!

Status

New TB fitted but still have a DTC and Wing Mirror issues.

Fitted a relatively new Throttle Body today. (Only done a few thousand miles according to seller and did look in superb condition)

Still have this:

17967 - Throttle Body (J338): Fault in basic settings

It won't clear the codes and when I try and do the TB Adaption, my VCDS doesn't show up in the corner ADP RUN like Ross Tech website says it should do??

Been for a drive, got 5 miles down the road, wouldn't rev past 1800rpm without the revs dropping to idle and then back upto 18oorpm and so. Turned car off and on, then it been fine again for 8miles. Still slight hesitation on accleration but no more revs dropping as soon as i touch the throttle pedal.

Also, fitted a new driver side wing mirror glass as it had split and the heater didn't work. Passenger side is fine. Fitted new glass, and now the drivers mirror is ALWAYS hot with engine running and passenger side isn't???

What controls the heated wing mirrors? The passenger does work in the morning when there is a bit of dew on the glass, it soon clears.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Corroded or broken wiring? My shed wouldnt idle when i refitted the engine and had that same fault code and another. when i removed the plug i noticed it was all crusty, so cleaned it up by spraying in some WD40 and unpluggging and replugging it a few times, and then it worked fine.

More worryingly however i read something recently on Nefmoto, about some sort of ECU hardware fault that causes a fault with the throttle body, that was somehow related to lambda sensors failing or shorting out.

Heated mirrors are powered all the time. Later cars apparently had some kinda bimetallic strip to switch the thing off when it got hot (or perhaps on when it gets cold) but earlier ones run all the time.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    The plug on the TB is nice and clean and so are the pins on the TB. Suppose next step is to check the wiring to the ecu?
    There is a 'remapped' ECU for the 2.8 on ebay with 'figures' that show its pushing 226bhp or something. A little excessive i think for an N/A engine and a map?!

My passenger wing mirror works fine, but doesn't get hot all the time, only in the mornings. Strange how only drivers mirror is getting hot?
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

Status
    Arent mirrors operated with rear window demister???

Doubt the remapped ecu will instantly plug in for 226bhp, mines estimated 210-220 with remap, air filter, custom exh and decat. Then again, i'd like to see if it could be proven!

Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Only on the very earliest of cars. after 1997ish they're powered all the time.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build