Radio reception is garbage....

CheekyAudi

Reaction score
Hi,
Good day people , I got my B5 A4 a couple of months ago and love it.
Only thing is the previous owner has put a aftermarket kenwood stereo in but the reception on most of the stations is sketchy at best (only 2 work well & my local station 2 miles away is untunable ).
Any ideas as to what may be the problem , I'm thinking the aerial but this is the top 3 wires on the rear window heater & unserviceable ?
Ta folks

I have exactly the same problem. Had the Audi standard system which was rubbish so fitted an aftermarket system and now the radio reception is gash and it was fine before. Never really listen to the radio tho as it's all ****** adverts, so it doesn't bother me. I think it's something to do with the aerial converter you have to fit when fitting an aftermarket system. Doesn't seem to work very well. Der Teckniker is a bit of a guru on this, ask him.

Yeah, that's like what I fitted. Doesn't do the job though very well. Mine might be a dicky one.

I've not got one fitted yet on either on mine. The avant is passable but a bit weak, and the saloon is hopeless, but i've just remembered that i couldnt find a DIN to ISO adaptor when i fitted the head unit, so the fact its been getting any form of signal at all with nothing connected to it is somewhat amazing.

Ah cheers guys(gals)
I've pulled the head-unit out and I don't have the special wee gadget your talking about but your saying it does not really improve it anyway??? Maybe fitted incorrectly , it's not a expensive buy but a bit of a waste if it does not work
I have a saloon and the reception IS GARBAGE !
Ta