Faulty Fuel Gauge

Butterz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Martyn and I'm a newbie here and have a couple of problems with my a4, its a 98 2.8 v6 quattro 30v.

First of all the fuel gauge doesn't work 100% of the time, infact I'd say it probably works few half a second every now and then, other than that it is always on empty with the DIS saying 0 miles and the fuel light on.

I have a rough idea that it's the fuel sender but have no idea where it is or how to get to it so any help would be brilliant.

Also in another slight problem my 6 CD change doesnt want to work, not sure if its just because they are copied discs or not though as haven't tried an original as I'm not really bothered about CDs but the missus would like it working :salute:

Martyn

The changer in both my TQS's were faulty when i got them. So i launched them in the bin along with the stupid concert unit and baught a decent head unit instead.

It does sound like a faulty sender, its inside the tank. Theres an access hatch on the floor in the rear, but ive never had one out so i cant really comment on whats involved.