Green stuff leaking - transmission oil??

CraigM

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
I noticed that there were a few drips of a lime green/yellow (similar to a fluorescent highliter in colour) fluid in the snow after I had reversed down the drive this morning - anyone know what it might be?

It seems to be coming from the the middle of the car, not sure if its near the front or back though.

I know it isn't power steering fluid, screenwash, coolant, brake fluid or engine oil as they are the wrong colour and the only other fluid I can think of is the transmission - does anyone know what colour this is, or have any other ideas what it is?

Thanks.

Sounds like air con coolant to me too............. unless it's........ well, let's just say - a word to the wise-never eat yellow/green snow!

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like air con coolant to me too............. unless it's........ well, let's just say - a word to the wise-never eat yellow/green snow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it wasn't there just before I reversed down the drive and I don't have a weak bladder!!!

It looks like it must be the AC - hadn't really thought of that, but it does seem like that is the most likely cause.

Thanks for the help everybody.

I still haven't had a look underneath the car to see if I can find the leak, but it is due a service in the next few weeks so I will just get the dealer to have a look at it - still under warranty thankfully!

its to the rear of the car tho? near the petrol tank? springs getting fitted at weekend so il ave a good look cheers mate

AC Fluid, nothing else, I also once noticed it in the snow. AC fluid has a distinct florescent tinge to it and is quite unmistakable.