More car woes!

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Scanned the car again yesterday due to still running like poo.

Bank 1 Sensor 2 Lambda code came up again. I thought my Audi only had B1, Sensor 1 as it only has one sensor before cat and none after it?

The MAF had a fault code (but that was due to me running the car with it unplugged to improve driving it!)
Took the MAF off the car yesterday and cleaned it.

Also, the dreaded Throttle Body dtc had come back on (Thought it was too true to be good!)

Anyway, after cleaning the MAF and took the car for a very short drive and it was back to being smooth.

However, started car this morning and revs dropped every time i touched the throttle to set off, after a min or so, set off from my drive and car seemed well. Pulled me up the incline in 3rd without hesitation about 3mins from the house.

I got 15mins down the road, dipped the clutch to drop a gear or two approaching a roundabout and the car just stalled! Fired straight back up but i had to keep the revs on between gear changes. A mile down the road dipped clutch to see what would happen and straight away it stalled. Unplugged the MAF, started car and drove rest of the way to work with no problems at.

On the way home, during gear changes, if i let the engine drop to idle, it would idle very low but without dash lights coming on and never stalled once.

Car is now down to 19-22mpg driving around with DIS saying AVG is 24. Yet over a week ago it the dis was showing the AVG at 34!!

I removed the wire to the throttle body and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner. Although it looked nice and clean with no dirt in there.

Any other pointers guys?

I'm going to get another MAF from somewhere hopefully at the weekend. Will check the plugs on Thurs morning.

Getting bit peeved with this Audi now.....really don't want to sell it as when it's right, it's a lovely motor!!

Dan

I had a similar problem with my old A4 1.8t sport. Ended up being a chafed wire... so was an intermittent fault. Might be the same? Check continuity from the ECU pins to the MAF connector.

TBH you cant simply keep ignoring this throttle body fault. Fault codes dont just appear for fun, there IS something wrong with the throttle.

Sounds like some sort of issue with the MAF as well though.

A faulty maf will start throwing lambda related codes as the fuelling is out due to the faulty sensor.

I'm aware of the TB fault. But maybe the MAF has been throwing most of my Lamdba faults then?

Off to scrap yard to find another TB over the weekend. And another MAF from VW i think.

Where is best place to get a MAF from and coolant sensor online? Just remembered i'm wrking this wkend so going to order one for delivery.

Ebay doesn't have any coolant sensors or genuine Hitachi mafs for the 2.8

cheers,

Dan

Cant offer an answer just bags of sympathy. My audi wont just work properly either and im thinking of weighing it in for scrap

It seems to suggest it fits ACK engines after chassis number X-040001, models before that are different though.

Maybe its a DBW throttle and yours is a DBC?

Yeah I have a throttle cable on mine.

Looking at that part number (078133062B for 2.4 APS) on other ebay listings, the pics show where a throttle cable attaches to the TB. Same as mine.

Yet the listings that state 078 133 063 AM/AQ is for the ACK engine are double and almost treble the price of an APS TB!