Armrest win!

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Just managed to lay my hands on an armrest from eBay for only £15 :) (ok, it's from a passat, but doesnt bother me). Little bit of work from the hacksaw and it's in, in less than 30min.

Though it does seem I've traded it for a wing mirror after some idiot was spending too much time looking at what the plod were doing at the side of the road, than where they were going, and totally wiped it out (all that's left is the metal frame, motors and wire) Could have been a lot worse, had I not seen it coming. Though it does leave me looking for a new heated and elec mirror...

nice one with the armrest, be sure you post up pics

I just fitted one to mine too. Makes so much difference!

Indeed it does Gee, cruise next me thinks. Pics will follow... though i have just replaced my mirror, got a pair of black ones for £30, which im either going to chrome (ah la S4 style) or vinyl wrap (possibly carbon look)....

I put cruise on mine on Saturday... but it doesn't work. Think I've got an earthing problem too as the lights now do funny things! Back to the wiring diagram me thinks...

It's working now... but the lights are still playing up. Grrrrrrr.

The lights go on fine... apart from high beam. You can flash the lights, but pushing the stalk forward to activate high beam does nothing.

The indicators work fine.

But, have the lights on with the indicators and when indicating right, high beam is activated. Indicating left is perfectly fine.

I've got another switch unit coming (with cruise) so I can compare the two and see what I've done wrong. Must be an earth problem or something...

Cruise is, but lights aren't. Will have a look at the weekend (no time till then).

I'm using my existing switch unit, with the cruise 'stalk' put in (different connections on the rear of the unit, so had to swap in the cruise stalk).

It worked fine before, so I assume I must have disturbed something. I have a new cruise module coming today - I hope it's a newer version of what I already had so it's a direct replacement like my last one was on the Sport.

There are two part numbers, depending if your car is pre 98 or post 98. Early ones have a combined plug for everything, later ones have the indicators on a seperate plug.

Order the right part and it will all just plug in!

"4D0 953 513 M" has just turned up... complete with 'extra' plug on the back.

I wondered what that was for... lol

In tonight... so will have proper working lights, hopefully!

The lights work properly again!

...but now the cruise doesnt. It won't set, but randomly the 'increase speed' slider button will work, but it won't set at a fixed speed. I can't find a pattern in it. So will have to investigate it further at the weekend now.

75a8b298.jpg

Reactions: 55_UK