Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: CD Changer

Reverse Gear

Status

CD Changer

I've just bought a cd changer for my `97 A4 Avant, I've hooked it up to the lead in the boot, but it seems to have no power supply, the cassett wont eject and when I press the mode button on the head unit I get no response at all, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working. By the way my head unit is an audi concert, the cd changer also came with it's original concert head unit.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    pull the headunit out using two removal keys and check the cd changer lead is connected up to the hu.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

FOR SALE - Eibach Pro Sport springs for a 2.5 V6 B6/7 PM ME.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Any idea where I can get some keys for removal?

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Halfrauds !!
    I had same problem on mine iirc there's a yellow or blue square plug for the cd changer that plugs in one of the top connections on the concert unit.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Status
    Chances are the previous owner disconnected it at the HU to fit an iPOD adapter and didn't reconnect. It's the blue mini ISO plug and slides onto the green/yellow plugs that should already be plugged in to the top plug on the HU. Worst case could be that they didn't plug it back in as they have butchered it, but hopefully not. Just be careful when removing the HU, do NOT pull on the release keys to get it out as this can damage the spring clips, remove the glovebox and push it out from the back with the release keys engaged (angled sides facing inwards).
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Reverse Gear

Status
    I nip over to halfrauds at lunch, and give it a go tonight, I'll let you all know how I get on. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I got some keys, had to get them off ebay as halfords had to order them in, only cost £1.80 for 4 keys, anyway, I got the head unit out last night and an adapter has been put in where the cd changer should connect, but I can't find the cd changer cable to swap them back, any ideas on the route it takes through an avant?
    When I was done, I couldn't get the keys out so I'm driving around with a stereo just asking to be nicked. Anyone know how to get these out so my stereo will be secure again?

Status
    It will be there, probably tucked down underneath the HU, unless they hace chopped it off to allow the adapter to be connected. Pictures would be helpful. To get the keys out you just press in the spring clips by hand once the HU is out.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, I'll upload some pics when I get home tonight.