Happiest person in the world right now!!!

Bizzeh

Reaction score
I went to meet up with a guy today selling is A4TDi in the freakish snowstorms in Essex, and althought its the first one i've actually gone too see (after being let down on various other occasions), tomorrow i should be the new owner!!! (baring any freakish accidents *touch wood*)

Low Milage, rather lary blue colour (i`m sure someone on here will know the one i`m talking about, and probably even the paint code!!), red i..... everything i wanted from it!!!!

now the questions about changing a few things on it (or defacing it as i`m sure a few of you will feel)

now i`m aware that the B6 had 115 & 130 BHP engins and some other VAG models had the PD150 engines in them, however i`m also lead to believe that all of these 1.9 variant (including mine) are all the same block, just with different bits and bobs on. Does anyone know the differences, as i've been driving around in my mums A6 (130 engine) and i wouldn`t mind having a tad more grunt out of mine...... so i guess what i should be asking is if its possible to replicate the PD150 spec on an older 110bhp engine?!?! and if so.... what do i have to change??

theres plenty more i plan to change in the near future, but for the time being, fiddling with the engine should please me enough.

Thanks for any knowledge in advance!!

Biz

Sounds like Kingfisher blue (97-99 IIRC)

The 100, 115, 130 & 150 PD engines have diferent cylinder heads, and the 150 has different pisons to the rest. I would be suprised if the 150 cam was the same.

You need different management to run the PD engines. Your best way forward is to source a late B5 115PD engined car in scrap yard, and remove the management. Source a 150 engine and have the 115 management remapped to suit.

I'll warn you now that the 150PD is a real tractor. (That was the reason Audi didn't use it in any of their models)

why not just remap the 110 lump? it'll be about 140 brake then

well my original thinking was get it to a 150 spec then tune it further.... however i`m more than willing to listen to any good ideas to get bigger power gains out of me engina.

heres me thinking "oo i`ll get it to 150, then i`ll be able to get it way more powerful from that in comparison to my 110"

however it did kinda dawn on me that the things i change on the engine to get it to 150, would probably need changing again to get it past that 150 mark.

as for mapping, i was wanting to do that last of all once i had a few more things done to the engine else i`ll have to get it mapped every time i chance something....

i guess i need a bit of a rethink.... realisticly, if i`m willing to change major components in the engine (such as cyl head, cranks, turbo, blah blah blah) what sorta power could i get from it..... as your probably aware from reading this, i`m a bit of a gnoobie to diesel tuning and i`m just trying to collect as much info as possible at the moment, so any and all advice is more than welcome...

thanking y`all once again!!

With a hybrid turbo (I'm unsure of the spec) and a remap, 220 bhp is attainable from the 150 unit.

You won't see that from a 110 motor.