double din stereo ??

ldoshiv2

Reaction score
Im thinking of fitting a double din stereo/DVD to my facelift Audi a4. Ive seen many face lift a4's with the symphony stereo with the front loading CD player. more of a double din size and also s4 ect have the navigation. i think this was an optional upgrade apposed to the tape deck with changer in boot ( what i have), i cant find any adaptors for the housing and trim ect except one in the USA : 2000-2001 AUDI A4 DOUBLE-DIN RADIO INSTALL DASH KIT | eBayust curious if anyone has any ideas or have done this ect..

that looks like a aftermarket kit, would be a lot cheaper than doing a factory fit

you will need a DD cage
DD centre console
gear surround (or you could cut the one u have to make it fit)
DD HVAC
and the DD Symphony HU
if wont be cheap as DD consoles are rare and hens teeth
the Symphony will sound the same as your concert HU only will have the convience of a cd in the front.
it has a hidden EQ though

here is a comparison
Ti Kan: Audi Radios

Mines is just the concert. I was thinking of just dropping in a pioneer double din 7 inch touchscreen but wanting to make it look as original as possible, i'm not after a symphony or Audi navigation unit as tbh, like you said are like hens teeth and are quite expensive. i was wondering if that dash kit from ebay would be suitable ? what you think ? thanks for the help

That dash kit just provides the fascia. You will need the rest of the DD setup as listed above.

I have the Metra fascia kit you have linked to and there is no way to just convert a single to double without major surgery

ahhh i though id get away with a cage and that fascia. is the hvac different ? have you retrofitted your own system ? do you have a pic ?

Yes it is different, its narrower as it has to sit lower down in console where its narrower