Whoever knows the answer to this gets a fabulous prize...

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first EVER post in the A4 forums, I'm an 8L troll but my question will be relevant to you guys too.

Right, my silly car came with a Delta radio and CD changer.

NOW it has a Symphony head unit in it, and doesn't register the Delta CD changer. You turn it on holding the mode button and it says "NO CDC" however the changer has power, and when you turn on the stereo you hear it check for CD's and flick through the cassette.

Obviously there are computability issues somewhere, but what I want to know is does the Delta changer have the same connector at the changers end as the Symphony?

Much love!

acc to this Ti Kan: Audi Radios delta is proprietary (alpine) based, whereas the symphony changer is Mat****a (Panasonic) based.

so I think this is a no go...

Delta = Blaupunkt
concert/symphony = Matsu****a

Think thats the problem...

Last edited:
You also have to realise there are coding options to consider when fitting different head units, it may indeed be compatibility issue, but certainly dont discount coding option.

Cheers guys, that website is super helpful!

For the price of the convertor loom or the hassle of running the cable off the spares car I may as well buy a cheap Ipod off ebay and use the Dension Ipod extender!

How much would all that be in total?

I already have a Dension Icelink that the car came with, and I'm highest bidder on an old Ipod on ebay thats £22.

The adapter loom is £19.99, so if the Ipod doesn't go for more then £40 it's probably worth doing it that way?

Add a chassis earth to cd changer
There's a spade connection on cd changer that isn't used in concert set up but is required for any other head unit