new turbo

tangerinedream where do i stand if the turbo is a duff an i want my money back cause they took my old turbo which means if i went somewhere else for a turbo it would cost me more as i wont have my old 1 to exchange

Gotta make money some how considering 80% of the work being carried out is good will or warranty so we make F all on it.

Audi have already made their money by manufacturing and selling the not fit for purpose pile of ***** in the first place!

Basically the FPR is on the fuel rail then there's a small hose about 3 inches long going onto the manifold I just plumed it in there but replaced the hose with some silicone hose I had left over from the dv vac line as it had perished.

turbo.jpg

Think this was on my S4. But it shows the FPR (round silver unit with back vacuum pipe attached) and the 'T' piece is the purple silicone hose for the boost gauge. It will be in a different location on your engine, but the parts look the same.

And this is where i fitted the boost gauge in the car.
boost1.jpg

Last edited:
cheers 4 the pics s4 dan that really helped, got it all plumbed in now..... well temporary fitted the boost gauge

IMG_0079.jpg

well took it out for a spin..... well had a race with a seat which gave me a good chance to see what im boosting at, it went just over the 1 on the gauge

so i am over boosting, but not got a clue what to do to sort it out an would that b the reason for whistle noice??

skinz mate if the turbo does go wrong mate we'll probably have to send it off to supplier just so they credit euro's basically,
will be interested to see as my manager and a few others will refuse to sell the cheaper turbo's as they have heard horror stories. never selling one im unsure to how true this is but they cant be that bad or we wouldnt stock them as a company.

think i might take the turbo out again an re-fit it just to make sure everything is on right an have a quick look at the turbo

yeh 1 bar is fine.

I get a whistle from mine at full throttle too, and i'm suspecting a boost leak. Just need to find a minute and go round checking all the jubilee clips.

Skins what have you done to your knee bolster why have you drilled it you should of drill the heater box behind the vents !!!

It sounds like a wazoo, 1 of the whistle sort of things with a little fan thing in it

If your running a open filter and the stock diverter valve the dv could be blowing some boost back to the intake pipe hence the whistling noise as they are known to fail mine had failed and only realised when swapping to a forge DV !!

It had a Bluetooth mic there, so took it out for now, you can adjust the loudness of my dump valve so didn't think it was standard 1, is there anyway I can test the dump valve, cheers for your help lads this is much appreciated

Is it one of those where you screw it in/out to adjust the "loudness"? If so, all you are really doing there is adjusting the spring pressure. If it's set too "loud" you'll most probably be leaking boost prematurely. Try screwing it to the "quietest" setting, where the spring will be at max pressure and it may cure it. Certainly worth trying to potentially eliminate it as a cause or not anyway.

It says soft or hard on it, it was open most the way which is soft so I screwed it all the way down which is hard, it's still making the pissssss noise which I thought would stop an it's still making the whisle noise but not sure if it's a bit quiteter than before, could do with trying another dump valve on there, just don't want 2 b paying out for 1 if I don't need it, keep trying to get out to check all hoses just need 5 min

Have you stil got your standard one? I'd swap that back just to be sure.

a 710n DV from Audi is about 25-30quid.

At least that way it rules out the DV entirely.

Question: was this turbo new? If so, do you have any photos of it, or where did you get it from?

I'm wondering if its genuine...

The turbo is a recon from euro car parts, it said k03/29 on the side, they said it was ment to be the same turbo, in the triangle where your ment to have 3 K's it's only got 1 K

Forge dump valves are a bit pricey, didn't think they would b that much

Not sure if that link will work so try this 1http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUEL-PORT-50-50-DUMP-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-BOV-SAAB-93-95-9000-TURBO-W-25MM-CONNECTION-/130578698099?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6718cf73#ht_3058wt_994

To be honest I had the forge splitR fitted to mine and had it set to mostly recirc I then swapped to the forge 007p and with an open filter sounds just as good and actually feels better whilst driving as the splitR dumped some boost to atmosphere and the MAF obviously reads the airflow for the fuelling and seemed to run a bit differant with the splitR I'd stick with a closed loop and just stick an open filter or mod the airbox and fit a panel filter IMHO.

I'm a bit of a show off an like the sound of the blow off, is a open filter 1 of those cone filters?

Sweet the bloke has got a k03 and a forge split r on eBay, £50 each no bids

well missed out on them bits off ebay, got out bid on them at the last sec oh well, anyway had to fit some new wishbone arms and do a cv boot today an while i was at it i took all the hoses of the turbo an looked for any splits or anything like that but nothing so put it all back together an made sure everything was tight when fitting back, my mate looked over my dump valve and said it looks fine, the spring is all good and he took it out for a spin and said it dont boost like it used to, it dont kick you back in your seat like it used to, now i've got to see what euro car parts are gonna say, see if there say i've done something wrong

Last edited:
That seemed a bit to easy, rang euro car parts this morning and told them that my turbo was making a strang whistle sound and they Said ok fine, we will order you a new 1 and it will be here at 12 just bring yours with you, it don't seem right it was just way to easy, didn't even argue with me or say it might be something else, they must know something ain't right with them, well just have to see how this 1 goes

Last edited: