Some questions about bits.

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I wasa having a look around this web site (German Passat/A4 B5) and he fitted a strut brace. (here is the link)

I've never heard any one talk about them before and not seen one.
I've seen the normal strut bar but not this one.
Is this an option we missed out on?
any one fitted one?

In the same site, he shows a picture of all his dash buttons.
schalter.jpg

The first button from the right is the rear window blind.
Does any one know any thing about this?
Was it Saloon only?
Any one got one or fitted one?

Seen a few threads on the brace before. Could have opted for that but just went for the cheaper FK brace from Ebay. Ok it might not be as good as it has the adjuster in the middle creating a weak spot but it made a nice little difference on mine and for 30quid i cant complain. Been on since xmas and no sign or fracture cracks or anything wrong with it. I dont have to retighten the adjuster.

Didnt see that lower one! God knows how i missed that on ETKA staring me in the face considering i scroll through it most days looking for OEM upgrades lol.

the price for all the bits it lists with an undertray is £44 inc vat minus the subframe brackets with the extra tabs on to mount the brace. Need to get undermine to see whats what and order some stuff up me thinks!

EDIT: Just looked under the car and the only issue i can see is my downpipe hangs a bit lower than what it should so wont clear that brace but its nothing that cant be bodged lol.

Last edited:
Didnt see that lower one! God knows how i missed that on ETKA staring me in the face considering i scroll through it most days looking for OEM upgrades lol.

the price for all the bits it lists with an undertray is £44 inc vat minus the subframe brackets with the extra tabs on to mount the brace. Need to get undermine to see whats what and order some stuff up me thinks!

EDIT: Just looked under the car and the only issue i can see is my downpipe hangs a bit lower than what it should so wont clear that brace but its nothing that cant be bodged lol.

Big hammer job.

Dude, whats UK price on the top bar?

Any one got any details on the rear blind?

Inc vat i wouldnt be surprised lol. Either way its a lot when you can pay a third of that and get the FK one.

Need to jack mine up for a proper look though as its too low to really look at the subframe brackets. Can just about see where im sticking my hand and guess from feeling. Then its brace time. More to add to the collection lol. Like a good brace i do :D That`ll be the 4th or 5th if you count both those listed in that link about the lower brace.

Oh and on ETKA it seems the sunblind was saloon only yes

The upper brace is just a piece of flat bar.

Why not just buy the end brackets, and get the flat bar cut to a suitable length from a local metal stockist?

Given you have to redrill the holes in the stock bar anyway, it should work just the same.