Looking at a TDI Avant! Is it worth it?

joshpmc

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post so appologises if its in the wrong section or something.
I have been offered a 2000 Audi A4 b5 TDI 115 Avant as a swap for my Seat Ibiza Cupra R.
The Audi is a high spec with Sat Nav and Leather.
It also has S4 Bumpers, sideskirts, weitec coilovers, S4 Steering wheel and other tweaks!
It is up for sale at £4000 which i think is alot considering its covered 140000 miles.
My ibiza is up at £3800 and he has said he would be willing to do a straight swap!

What do you guys think?

Heres a few pics of the audi......

audi.jpg

audi3004.jpg

audi2.jpg

audi3001.jpg

Thanks!

I do like that A4...

If it was a 2.5tdi I would have done the deal.

****** hell, just realised ive put this up twice! What would you do in my shoes Geeman?

Considering I've effectively just bought a '99 S4 Avant for £3500 with less miles on, I'd think VERY hard about it!

If it didn't have the wheels and kit on, would you be as interested in it?

If it didnt have the kit on it then i wouldnt be interested. And i do feel it is overpriced. Would it be cheeky to ask him for some cash aswell? Sorry to be a pain Geeman!
I appreciate you help though!

Whatever car-based deal I was doing, I'd always ask for some more money my way.

He says there are no faults with the car, my mate has a full registered version of VAG Com he is going to check it with for me anyway to make sure and it has Full Service History!
Do you think asking for £500 my way is abit cheeky?

Ibiza Cupra R's are for sale on pistonheads between £2500 and £4500. Mines done 80000 miles with Full Dealer history, i have ever MOT from New and every tax disc and every service receipt so the history is comprehensive. But it does need some bits and bats doing that would probabyl cost £300.
I think i will go to my car and £500 but nothing less.
Does this seem fair and what do you guys think of the A4 and has anyone ever seen it on here before?

As said, It's a lovely car but 4 grand is way off imho, especially when, as has been said, you can get an equivalent age S4 for less.

It's obviously had a lot spent on it but regardless of that it's still an 11 year old 140k miler diesel. If you bought a standard one and made it up to this spec it would probably cost at least 4 grand, tru enough but that's not how it works. I agree with Arargorn, I'd want AT LEAST 500 your way, probably more if your car is definately worth 3800. Depends though how bad you want that particular car. If you really really want it do you risk losing it for the sake of a few hundred sheets?????

I do like the car, but he has approached me about a part ex and he's also drivng 300 miles to me to see my car so he must be interested in mine. But i dont want either of us to be ripped off me or him as the guy has been great to deal with. My car is 1 of only 75 made so it would be harder to find another like mine, but that said a diesel S4 rep would be hard to find!
I will have to see what is discussed on saturday i guess.
Any more advice is more than welcome, such as what to look for etc..
And has anyone seen this car before?? Im suprised its not on here!!
Thanks guys!

I would ask for £1000 on top of your car

He will drive 300 miles, if he thinks your going to do a swap. Granted the audi is nice But the cupra is worth more and with yours being one of only 75 even more he will be wanting to do a swap. As said really it's only the wheels, making the car look so nice. As said ask him for your car and 1000 minimum cash off him. Personnaly i would sell yours private buy one your self and you will have spare cash to buy rims etc to put uyour own stamp on one. Just my humble opinion

Oh and ask him if you get the crunchie wrapper with the deal :lmfao:

As the others said, he's asking a lot of money for a FWD derv. The 115PD isn't that reliable to start with and it's looking roughh inside. I do hope is not clocked as the wear on the carpet only goes like that when it's between 180-200k !!! I have a 2 year older v6 tdi a4 quattro with s4 conversion, big brakes and i dont dare asking 3k for it ! At the end of the day it's your money but i would think twice paying that much for that ! I have sold a very,very tidy 1.9 tdi quattro sport for 2k and that's a lot of money for a rare car ! It did not have leather of s4 kit but it's a buyer's market out there and you can get real s4 for about the same price...mind you they cost twice to run compared to the derv !

I think im going to have to have a proper look at it and see what deal he would be willing to do as i do think it is around £1000 over priced really.