2.8 V6 Rear brake pads

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is there a preffered choice the rear pads on a 2.8 V6? My pads are low and suppose its another item i need to purchase sooner rather than later.

Do people just use regular, plain Jane pads or do people upgrade slightly or excessively?

I live in the country side and have some tight, sharp bends and coupled with my driving style, the brakes do get used VERY well!

I've got standard setup all round with basic pads and discs that we're already fitted. Never suffered brake fade (touches wood) as to yet (unlike my S4 which suffered nearly every time i went out in it!)

Whats people opinions?

Dan

I've pretty much always used bog standard Pagid pads. A little dusty but always seemed fine under normal conditions.

I tend to stick with a big brand, the Avant has Mintex and the Saloon has Brembo.

Just make sure you get the right ones! Quattros have steel calipers, and the spring at the top should be nearly flat. Alloy calipers have an almost identical pad, but the spring looks like a shallow V.

If you do fit uprated pads, fit them all round, otherwise you'll end up with weird braking dynamics as one set reaches its operational temperature quicker etc.

Can get mintex and brembo for about £17 delivered. So will probably go for Brembo. it currently has Apex (or is it Apec?) all round.