1998 A4 1.8 non-turbo (ADR) Exhaust rear hangar/bracket question

au_sjo

Reaction score
Hi all,

My '98 A4 Avant 1.8 non-turbo (ADR) has an aftermarket exhaust on it which needs to go. I have a feeling there's supposed to be a triangular bracket/hangar on the OEM rear box but I don't appear to have this.

Could anyone confirm that there is such a bracket please?

Also if anyone has one laying about, i'd take it off your hands!

I've found a cheap centre and rear pattern exhaust on 'bay for about £60 inc delivery - any experiences of these specific budget systems?

Cheers

Does anyone have access to parts diagrams that could check this out for me please? :)

There is such a bracket at the very back yes. Triangular bracket bolted to the chassis and the rubber hangs off that in a v shape.

A pattern exhaust will be naff, a cheap pattern exhaust will be very very naff. Expect to change it again in at the most 2 years

Sounds better than changing this stainless aftermarket one twice in 18 months ;)

Whats wrong with the stainless one?

The rear silencer falls apart internally after X amount of time. This is the second one now (OMP). The car isn't worth spending £300+ on a custom full stainless steel exhaust.

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to provide the part numbers for the bracket and rubber I need please? :)