Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Fire up the Quattro!

Status

Fecking piece of sh!t!!

Fitted two new lambda sensors yesterday. Had to remove the cats and replace the sensors.

Car is now doing LESS mpg and runs like a bag of sh!t! Idle is fine, but driving with the revs under 2.5k rpm, it judders and feel like its misfiring. MPG is down 25. The old sensors were at least getting me 30/31!! Overall, the power is down massively. Tried flooring it and was shocked!

Exhaust gasses dont smell rich or eggy. I do however, has a blow from where the cat mates with the manifold. I'm getting two new gaskets today and will fit them tomorrow.

How come two new lambdas have made the car worse....alot worse! Horrible drive home last night from work. Didn't think I was going to make it home!!
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Maybe car has got used to running with old settings and needs to adapt. Have you had her on VCDS?

If the exhaust is blowing it's never going to feel 100%, so get that sorted then re-evaulate your issues.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Yeah I scanned first thing this morning. The TB fault has been present for a while without any known problems to car. I'm looking into getting a replacement.

However, I didn't scan the car before swapping sensors over, but last time i did scan there was no fault codes relating to the lambdas. I've just nipped up the exhaust bit tighter and the leak has almost stopped. New gaskets will cure that.

Here are codes:

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.0
    Wednesday, 07 September 2011, 07:05:17:0
    Control Module Part Number: 4D0 907 551 F
    Component and/or Version: 2.8L V6/5V MOTR HS D03
    Software Coding: 04201
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00020
    3 Faults Found:
    17967 - Throttle Body (J338): Fault in basic settings
    P1559 -- 35-00 - -
    16519 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1; Heating Circuit: Malfunction
    P0135 -- 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    16551 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B2 S3; Heating Circuit: Malfunction
    P0167 -- 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I've cleared said code and will see what the journey to work is like. The car drove fine to work yesterday, acheiving 30.3mpg. I change sensors over at work and had the horrendous journey home at 25mpg.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    A leak before the lambda will typically cause the car to run rich.

Lambda detects oxygen, and a leak means more oxygen is present, which in turn means the sensor reports a lean mixture and the ECU cranks up the fuelling.

You can look at the long term trims in vagcom to see if this is happening.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Picked up two new manifold to cat gaskets, 2 bottles of G12 plus plus & 5 litres of Quantum oil. All for a whopping £30 :-)

Car is running better. Still got soome issues at low revs in high gears (3rd and above) with juddering. Not becase the revs are too low! Occurs between 1.5 and 2k rpm.

Achieving a respectable 34.2mpg at the moment. Hopefully once the exhaust blow is sorted it may increase a little more!
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro