Avant Load Cover

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Is any of the avant people still using their load cover?

My is breaking at the end caps, where the security torx screw in. They area splits.
has any one attempted a repair on this or know of the good way to fix it?
I've attempted 3 different repairs on my old one. Both worked for the short term but nothing for the long term.

I use mine all the time, actually get very upset if there is so much stuff in the boot that I cant cover it up !!

mine went a while back where you described and I epoxied the inside IIRC.
I cant picture it but does the hex screw not pull the centre section of the plastic end cap off and leave you with a hole?

I use mine all the time. It's not broken though... so fingers crossed it stays that way!

I use mine all the time. Not broken yet.

But my catches have on the boor interior trim that the cover attaches to keep the cover in situ. Got some little angle plastic shelf bits screwed in. (NOT DONE BY ME! PREVIOUS OWNER AT SOMEPOINT DID IT!)

I use mine all the time, actually get very upset if there is so much stuff in the boot that I cant cover it up !!

mine went a while back where you described and I epoxied the inside IIRC.
I cant picture it but does the hex screw not pull the centre section of the plastic end cap off and leave you with a hole?

Yup. right pain in the ***, it then causes the spring tension in side the cover to be realised and the cover to sag and not work. :(

I use mine all the time. It's not broken though... so fingers crossed it stays that way!
Hopefully it will for some time.

There is some out there but I have not found any good ones yet. Audi use to do a repair kit but they don't any more.

I use mine all the time. Not broken yet.

But my catches have on the boor interior trim that the cover attaches to keep the cover in situ. Got some little angle plastic shelf bits screwed in. (NOT DONE BY ME! PREVIOUS OWNER AT SOMEPOINT DID IT!)

The boot sides are a pain in the *** to get hold of.
I've spent months trying to get a good set for mine.
I finally get a good set so it all works together and the load cover breaks. :(

I got two load covers now, hopefully i'm going to make 1 good one soon.

If any one needs any spares for their load covers any time, let me know and i'll keep what I can.

I started to strip down the old load cover for its end parts which is what I'm missing on mine.
Stripped 1 end down, no issues.
Stripped the other end down and guess what, It broke. ******!!

So i'm now left with two none working load covers cause of the stupid week *** plastic bits that audi fitted to the end.

Balls.

This is what I have no and you can see where it breaks. Time to find some epoxy.
IMAG0663.jpg

4 attempts over the last 2 days to get my damn load cover working and it keeps breaking in the same place.
so i've given up and i'm off to buy another one.

Has any one noticed a difference in the load covers?

Out of the two I got they have different handles.
IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0665.jpg

facelift/non facelift IIRC

is the material on the facelift one any good?
mine is a bit shabby.

IMO a decent patch of expoxy and some well placed re-enforcing washers/material will last you longer than a OEM replacement part

facelift/non facelift IIRC

is the material on the facelift one any good?
mine is a bit shabby.

IMO a decent patch of expoxy and some well placed re-enforcing washers/material will last you longer than a OEM replacement part

Which one is the facelift version?

And which one are you interested in?

I've tried 4 attempts at epoxy and its starting to **** me off.
I've just put them all away in the loft now, sod it. I'm buying another one.