B7 steering wheel on B5 S4

LeeT

Reaction score
As per the title, I want to fit an RS4 B7 steering wheel on my b5. Apart from the airbag wiring, is there anything else i need to fit a B7 steering wheel to my prefacelift S4? Ive heard mention of the ring behind the wheel being changed etc
Thanks ..lee

I would not bother wiring the dual stage B7 airbag to a single stage ignitor, it's not going to work if you have a crash. Just put up with the airbag warning light, and you also don't have to muck around with the slip ring.

I would not bother wiring the dual stage B7 airbag to a single stage ignitor, it's not going to work if you have a crash. Just put up with the airbag warning light, and you also don't have to muck around with the slip ring.
my airbag warning light is on already :) IF i did want to wire it in though by joining the wires together, do i have to get the required slip ring or will it work with my existing?

useing the b7 wheel on either a b6 or b5
the airbag does deploy only 1 stage tho i know iv tested 1
didnt meen to but belive me the bag pops

Thanks for the confirmation. Do you have any info on the fitting side of things?

yes but its something i wouldnt wan to tell you
not been nasty but if you do it wrongyou run the risk7
of poping the bag while your doing it.
best bet is to google it for the guide.
or call hazydays they will sort it for you.

pm on way

Someone had both stages connected to a single stage, they had a crash and it did not deploy, you take the risk! Hazydays knows the same about Audi airbags as everyone else on the Internet, they did not create the electronics or the software for the airbag system, they read up on what other people have posted and copied, but at the end of the day it's just complete guess work... Pi$$ing sound with the airbag system is fine along as you know the risks, just like fitting a momo steering wheel and removing the airbag, or fitting £99 control arm sets!

Last edited:

So did you have a crash, or just incorrectly wire the air bag system up? If it was the latter then that does not prove the airbag controller will deploy the bag in a crash.

i hit a van at 45
and the bag let off

and the reason i mentioned hazydays
was an option to the OP for who could do the work for him
i didnt say they knew anymore than anyone else

Which stage did you wire up and was it the big or small one that went off in your case?
(or both?)

the big 1
iv known a few to go off and heard of a few more
all big 1