A4 Central locking problem

finchyaj

Reaction score
Hoping someone may be able to diagnose my central locking problem (94 1.8 Saloon). Central locking packed up a few days ago and before I buy a new pump just wanted someone to confirm if they think it's the pump. When the door/boot is locked the alarm still chirps but no other doors lock. There's no sound from the central locking pump at all (as far as I can hear). I've had the pump out and open. The impeller is in one piece and there's no obvious issues apart from one of the rubber tubing joins has split slightly. Although I assume I would still hear the unit operating but just not actually operating the locks. Another post did mention having a heavy load in the boot which I've had before the problems began. Could this be the cause and if so what would it have broken. Any help will be much appreciated before parting with my hard earned cash. Cheers.

Have you checked the fuse?They say you can make the door locks work by sucking the tube but this seems like lack of power

Yep fuse is ok and swapped out with a known working one.

Just to update I ended up buying a pump off ebay for £30 which sorted the problem. Something in the unit must have stopped working.